P2195 and P0108 rough Idling - Ford explorer 2006 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

P2195 and P0108 rough Idling - Ford explorer 2006

Chughtai

Reaction score
City, State
Riyadh
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer 2006 - XLT
Dear Explorers,

I have been recently facing some issues with my cars drive. On checking the codes through OBD-II reader i can see following codes coming up.
P0108 - Manifold Absolute Pressure / Barometric Pressure Circuit High
P2195 - O2 Sensor Signal Biased / Stuck Lean Bank 1 Sensor 1

I have tried to reset the computer to clear the codes but these codes will jump back in after a drive of 20 to 30 kms. Due to this, my car is rough idling specially when at a stop signal.

Does anyone have any idea on where to start from and what to check.

Also adding that i had a new MAP sensor lying around so I replaced existing one but still same alarm related to MAP (P0108); although a bit of improvement in drivability but still not that good.

Any help would be highly helpful.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have found that most of the time a rough idle is from either a vacuum leak or bad coil. There are other reasons of course (plugs, plug wires, sensors, dirty MAF, ect), but you may want to check these two first.

I have found that most of the time a rough idle is from either a vacuum leak or bad coil. There are other reasons of course (plugs, plug wires, sensors, dirty MAF, ect), but you may want to check these two first.

Thanks! i am also planning to check for vaccum leaks.. need to make DIY smoke machine so i can perform the test anf check it in one go rather than fiddling with alot of hoses and ending up finding nothing ... i wil keep updated..

Ok! After a lil bit of playing around and googling i was able to come up with my own home made smoke machine to test vacuum leakage.
It turns out there is vacuum leakage from EGR valve and also from a vacuum hose going inside intake manifold.
Temporarily, i have fixed the hose line with a duct tape and it has stopped leaking but egr valve still leaking.

I have a video of it.. sharing the link below for reference..

Let me know if you guys have any idea about this behavior of egr valve. is it normal or it needs replacement?

One more link to another video

Ok guys got the EGR valve replaced and finally all the alarms related to MAP and EGr sensor are gone. Drove it for 2 days and felt like car is back to life but now, i have CYLINDER 2 MISFIRE Code P0302 and KNOCK SENSOR Code active
Also check Mode06 results and i can see that cylinders 1, 2 & 3 have misfiring but number 2 are high.

Any ideas what i should start with?
Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks !

Back