show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread | Page 29 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread

yeah, so i wanted to separate men from mice and see your LIFTED explorer.
(yes, i´m gonna steal ideas for my soon to be x)
also this thread could be really cool for everyone else who´s into jacked up trucks.

keep 'em coming!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

306944_105_full.jpg

this is probably the fourth time i've changed the way this truck has looked. u guys remember the white fenders, procomp lift and grill guard. haha that was funny.

i just got the supercharger, the rear fenders, 33's, cage, all rockford fosgate system, and new four point harness's sitting in my room.. pics will be coming!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I thought you were getting a turbo?

heres mine as of yesterday

Attachments

• Picture 001 (Small).jpg
    Picture 001 (Small).jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 6,271

here is mine as of today,

Attachments

• truck 90.JPG
    truck 90.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 7,582

j602 said:
I thought you were getting a turbo?

it was a powerdyne centrifugal unit. the kind that look like turbos. hehe

TheRookie said:
gkscobra you guys are lucky where there arent fender laws. Around me you would get pulled over in about 4 seconds for this tires not having coverage. looking good though

what would be illegal? how far the wheels stick out the side of the truck?

Yes. In My area tires must be covered by the fender or a flair.

To elaborate
In PA State law requires fender coverage. The police commonly put a penny on the side of your fender and drop it. It had better hit the ground instead of ouncing off a tire. The law used to require tread be covered and sidewall doesnt matter. Now entire tire must be covered. You also may only use up to a 3 inch fender flair to achieve this. Luckily the law says nothing about new fenders. You must also meet bumper height requirements but thats a whole different problem

i should get a shot with the new wheels..

as of today
4-28-05_197_(small).jpg

great lookin trucks guys!!!

Sweet man, what kinda 2 inch lift do u have? might be time for TT,BL,AAL, or 2.5 duff :thumbsup:

davidmmm69 said:
here is mine as of today,
i thought you werent gonna get those spindles. when did you get them? i love the truck looks a lot like my old one

got them from someone on the forum name is dave from PA i believe..

it defiatly was not an easy task especially with new ball joints and Tie rod ends and drilled rotors and wheel bearings basically the whole front end...

I am glad i did it now the 31's look like stock tires or even smaller...

trying to find the cheapest place to buy 35's

this was a picture before i tackled the rear springs...

Attachments

• lift front only done.jpg
    lift front only done.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 6,072

well the plan is to keep mine stock, but some of these look nice enough to get me thinking

tnvols... where you from... im guessing tn... in in knoxville!

hey jimbo, nice truck, but you should fill in the gaps and get some 32's and put your back bumper on..lol

93liftedxlt, thanks man. yeah im making some gap guards for the rear fender wells if thats what your talking about. and my rear tire carrier should be done this weekend hopefully, if i can get more time on it. and as for the tires... im about to slap some 33's under their on some rockcrawlers!

davidmmm69 said:
got them from someone on the forum name is dave from PA i believe..

it defiatly was not an easy task especially with new ball joints and Tie rod ends and drilled rotors and wheel bearings basically the whole front end...

I am glad i did it now the 31's look like stock tires or even smaller...

trying to find the cheapest place to buy 35's

this was a picture before i tackled the rear springs...

How much lift do you have? It doesn't look like you have enough room for 35s. I have a 3" body lift with a Superlift cranked up to about 5 to 5.5" and trimmed inner fenders...and still get some rubbing with 35" BFG All Terrains. The rear came out to about a 6" with a spring over axle...no problems at all there!

I would look into some 34"s if I had to do it over again. Just lettin' you know!
Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

taknitezx2- awesome lookin xplorer, i really like how it turned out!

taknitezX2 said:
A couple updated ones

are you going to put the front bumper back on because it looks bad without a bumper ,,, you can see too much ugly stuff..
thanks. just my 2 cents which isn;t worth much anyway..

davidmmm69 said:
are you going to put the front bumper back on because it looks bad without a bumper ,,, you can see too much ugly stuff..
thanks. just my 2 cents which isn;t worth much anyway..

There is a bumber, it's a single tube. That's how the skid plate to the front. :rolleyes:

Back