Show Off Your Lifted Sport Trac!!! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show Off Your Lifted Sport Trac!!!

Hey guys need help and btw nice trucks so far!
Well my question and concern is what is causing my sport trac to squeak every time and only when i reverse out from a driveway or etc?

I have a 4.o engine and i cannot figure out the problem, could it be bad u-joints? I mean brakes are fine cause when i step on them it doesnt stop the squeak!

Please help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey brussell. Was wondering what you used to get your wheels dark like that. I also like the darker side. That looks pretty cool. I thought about plasti-dipping my wheels but don't want black was thinking of a charcoal color

I used Rust-oleum' peel coat (their version of plasti-dip). The color is Graphite and it has some metal flake in it, but not too much. I used the same paint on my grill, then it's put several layers of clear coat over it. So far so good. The bugs haven't been able to chip it yet.

Ok thanks for the info. Might have to go shopping soon. I'm hoping to put my lift on this weekend. Will post pics when done

hey guys! Has anyone installed rancho quick lift struts and the truxx spacer for an additional lift or is there a body lift we can do, please reply

Not the best pic and still got some work to go but 2.5" truxxxx with 17" rock stars and 285/70r17 maxxis bighorn MT's[/QUOTE]

I have the Truxx lift and downsized to P265/60-R18 Nitto NT421Q on 8.5" rims (from 265/65 AT Defenders). Just got the extended upper control arms and new tires on Friday. Headlights went in week before. Neutral tow correctly tested today! Next is front rotors and pads, maybe calipers too. Summer or fall will do the deep sump trans pan and electric radiator fan.
nutires.JPG

I have the Truxx lift and downsized to P265/60-R18 Nitto NT421Q on 8.5" rims (from 265/65 AT Defenders). Just got the extended upper control arms and new tires on Friday. Headlights went in week before. Neutral tow correctly tested today! Next is front rotors and pads, maybe calipers too. Summer or fall will do the deep sump trans pan and electric radiator fan.View attachment 96234
Hey, just wondering what you used to darken your grille? was that an iron man grille or did you paint it somehow? thanks, Aaron

It's an original New Old Stock grill purchased on ebay, Original gloss black paint, brand new.

So I was looking to change up my STA. Went back and forth for about a year on lifting it or not. So glad I did, I went from lowered to lifted on 32s
0EA54851-C708-4C0D-85C5-09FD4CFA1831.jpg

34F9A620-E598-4917-840E-CF71E38CCEB8.jpg

So I was looking to change up my STA. Went back and forth for about a year on lifting it or not. So glad I did, I went from lowered to lifted on 32s
0EA54851-C708-4C0D-85C5-09FD4CFA1831.jpg

34F9A620-E598-4917-840E-CF71E38CCEB8.jpg
Great looking rig. What lift did you use? Did you get extended control arms? Any rubbing or excessive/premature wear on wheel bearing or ball joints?

Finally got my new tires just this last Friday so I can be proud of the truck again lol. so happy to get rid of those P.O.S. Korean Nexem tires. Replaces them with 275-70-18 Cooper STD Pro M/It's. definitely had to do some trimming, and 2" wheel spacers should be coming in the mail soon. I'll update with some better pictures after I get the spacer on.

Hey guys, trying to bring back this thread of lifted Sport Tracs. Show some pics of your lift and rims. Ill be posting up my pictures soon, so ill keep you guys updated. Dont be Shy! :thumbsup:
Hey I have a 08 with 3 inch body lift 2inch rear and 2 and half front running 20 by 10s with 305 55 20s
20220317_174059.jpg
20220317_174142.jpg

Hey guys, trying to bring back this thread of lifted Sport Tracs. Show some pics of your lift and rims. Ill be posting up my pictures soon, so ill keep you guys updated. Dont be Shy! :thumbsup:

Back