Help finding a part.

Praetorian46

Reaction score
City, State
Yuma, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XLT
Hello everyone,
I have a 1996 Ford Explorer XLT with the 5.0 V8. I am looking for what I think would be called the rear "door" or "gate" locking "motor" or "actuator". It’s the one for the very back of the Explorer. I've Googled those keywords but I really couldn't find anything but the locking actuator for the front and rear regular doors. Is this the same actuator?? Can anyone get me a dealer part number? or maybe a link to a website to where I can find the part. Or at least let me know the correct name of the part. Any info that may send me looking in the right direction would be very helpful and much appreciated.
Thank you,
-Cody

I think it might be the same part as all of the doors. Motormite sells a replacement in the Help parts section of the auto parts stores. Check Motormite's website WWW.Motormite.Com. Another place to check for Ford part numbers is on WWW.PartsVoice.Com. You could also try WWW.FastPartsNetwork.Com.

Thank you very much BrooklynBay. Can anyone confirm his response that the actuator that was used on the doors is the same used on the back hatch. With the links you sent me I found the same parts that I have found before but none of them had in their description that it was for the back hatch as well. So I wasn't sure. Please let me know. And thanks again BrooklynBay!
-Cody

Back