Will This Door Lock Actuator Work? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will This Door Lock Actuator Work?

2KExplorerSport

Reaction score
City, State
New Paltz, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
I have a 2000 Sport and need to replace the door lock actuators on the passenger's side door and the tailgate. I found this one on AutoZone's website. It says it's for a 4 door, but it looks like it's got all the different length shafts. Do you guys know if this will work on a 2 door even though it's listed for a 4 door? I'd rather spend $30 instaed of $55 or more, but I don't want to waste my money if it's not going to work.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Motormite-Door-Lock-Actuator/2000-Ford-Explorer-4WD/_/N-je7caZ8iigi?counter=4&filterByKeyWord=door+lock+actuator&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=410951_49014_2924_8034

I'm hoping this will work on the passenger's door and tailgate. Anyone got a clue???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just go to Oreilly's website and check it there. They have a tab on the product page that tells what all the parts are compatible w/. Dont see why it wouldn't thou. I used one from a 98 Ford Taurus on the rear doors of my 00 Explorer cause that was all I had at the moment.

It shows that it will work for 2000 Explorer with the SOHC, but it doesn't specify 2 door or 4 door. I'll give them a shot. I'd just rather spend the $60 to do the passengers door AND the tailgate instead of almost $60 for the door and then another $80 for the tailgate. Thanks for the input!

looks like the universal type with multiple fittings for different vehicles. I'm pretty sure that one of those fitting will work with your type if it show OK for similar models.

door lock

i nedd to change the door lock aculator from the driver's door and the tailgate, how can i replace it?:rolleyes:

Back