• Register Today It's free!

98 Explorer

zbra09

Reaction score
City, State
NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT
Hey, I have a stock '98 Explorer Xlt and i just dont like how it sits for off roading (wanna raise it). Whats the best way to lift it like 4 inches. I was thinking a lift kit like this http://www.4wheelparts.com/PDT51823.aspx What else would i need with that kit besides bigger tires. Also is that a good lift kit? Im new to this stuff so i need some help here.

Thanks, Dom

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Take a look at my truck, I did a TT on the front, AAL and shackles on the rear. It was a lot cheaper. you could also go with a body lift. I take mine muddin and some light off roadin with no trouble.

I mean, if you have the money, great, but there are a lot of other ways that are cheaper and such that work. This forum is great, search around here and u can find almost anything.

Take a look at my truck, I did a TT on the front, AAL and shackles on the rear. It was a lot cheaper. you could also go with a body lift. I take mine muddin and some light off roadin with no trouble.

Yea, thats all i want to do and that looks like the height i want. Thanks a lot; very informative site you go there

If you want to go the body lift route... you'll need a Performance Accessories PA-883 kit for a 98+ Ranger. You can get this at Summit or 4wheelparts.. or lots of other places.

4WheelParts also sells the Warrior extended shackles. But you have to call and order them as they're not on the website.

Summitracing.com has the Pro Comp add-a-leaf #13120 for a smokin' deal. :cool:

All that junk should get you around 5" of lift which would fit 33's pretty well.

6001.jpg

If you want to go the body lift route... you'll need a Performance Accessories PA-883 kit for a 98+ Ranger. You can get this at Summit or 4wheelparts.. or lots of other places.

4WheelParts also sells the Warrior extended shackles. But you have to call and order them as they're not on the website.

Summitracing.com has the Pro Comp add-a-lead #13120 for a smokin' deal. :cool:

All that junk should get you around 5" of lift which would fit 33's pretty well.

6001.jpg

Thats the kind of height im looking for. So all I need is this: http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=PRA-PA-883&N=700+115&autoview=sku and what else... a lead (what is that) and shackles (what are those)?? And 33' tires???

Picture002.jpg

i got about 5 inches of height using the performance accesories 3" body lift, TT twist, and rear shackles and fit 33x10.5x15 BFG A/T

Did the torsion twist and shackles + the 3" performance accessories lift.

I dont run a stock ft bumper (or a bumper at all for that matter ... :D ) so I dont know how that would work.

Heres a link to my lift thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187299

Good Luck! :D

Daniel

yea, theres just so many possibilities i dont know which one i want to do. Does it make a difference or is 5 inches just 5 inches no matter how you get it?

yea, theres just so many possibilities i dont know which one i want to do. Does it make a difference or is 5 inches just 5 inches no matter how you get it?

If you do the TT, AAL/shackel & body lift you will end up with better ground clearance. The reason for this is with the Superlift kit you have to lower the front dif and torsion rear torsion bar brackets.

Back