wheel and tire help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

wheel and tire help

i have a 97 exploder, awd v8
i have the aal and body lift ordered, and plan a tt as well, looking for about 5" of lift.
i want 18"-20" x 10" wheels. i want to get 33" inch tires on these, and i want this to look as much as a mud truck as possible, and still drive it everyday, that's why want the nicer wheels.
i was just wondering though, 33" x 12.5" x 20" tires will fit a 10" rim, right? and i really want to see a picture of explorer with a similar setup if anybody is running 33" tires on a 5" lift.
thanks in advance, andrew-

You will have to trim the rear lower part of the fenders and either the running boards or tupperware. Which ever your Explorer has.

You would be much better off with an 8" wide wheel. Also be warned tires for 18" & 20" wheels in the size you want will be double the cost in not close to triple what a 33x12.50x15 tire cost.

get some nice 16's...20's with 33's have a lower profile...plus it will look kinda ghetto...and as stated, the price will be through the roof when replacing tires///

what about an 18" x 9" rim with 33" x 12.5" tire? i don't want ghetto, but i want it to look nice when it's not in the mud. i don't want to have to pay the extra to get 20" wheels. what's a nice 5 spoke/star rim with 5" x 4.5" bolt pattern, i can't hardly find anything.

i dont like the look of the low pros...i think you will loose the look of a "mud truck" with those on them...you can get way nice smaller rims, like 16's and it will look clean and still have the more rugged look...low pros and rugged looks just dont work..some guys on here have some 17's with 37's and that looks pretty clean...but any more rim and it would be too much...

Back