Anybody seen this? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anybody seen this?

Now that looks sweet! I will do the coil springs if needed, thank you. What's the approx cost? I just reordered the front end wheel wells (black covering) so that we can toss out the temps... so those coils would be perfect! How long for delivery?

I like the front a bit lower... But you're correct, it should be 1" in front and 1" in back to maintain the same stance... but I gotta lean, I'm old school :D

Hi there... The grille or the lights? I'm sure I have one here... but I just got the Westin bumper guard today, it should be installed by Friday. I want to do the before and after, so I'm being cautious on the pics... Let me find the front end, and I'll post it...

Bigapple, I spoke with Coilsprings.com about the lift, that's a good deal. It takes them a few weeks to get them out to you, but it would be worth it! That I will keep in mind, thanks again!

The cargo carrier by Gobi for the Explorer has been released, and they say they are trying to get it on to the website. They are costly though... Not sure if I can swing it, but we'll see. I asked if the light bar is removable so you can keep sticky fingers off of them, and they are checking in to it... That would be the end of my budget though.:(

The clear corner with white lights is sweet! Consider that idea borrowed because I'll be doing the same today... I have amber, I'm going to switch them out with the white, that looks cleaner... I have the clear corners too, but with the amber bulb, I just thought what's the point?

yea man the coilsprings deal is very good... 160 for a custom set of springs and the shipping was 20 bux to baton rouge... they do rear springs too if u wanted to lift front and back... i would suggest 3 inches in front if u want it completely level cuz mine still hunches a bit... the wheel wells are level but not the car itself

if u get clear corners i would strongly suggest getting silverstar amber turn signals... the outer coating is blue/green/purple/orange and lights up amber when turned on... it looks great and if i get some clear corners they'll show more

you can see them really good in the second pic... that little blue smudge is it reflecting in the housing

2456765_62_full.jpg

2456765_23_full.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The ones i have are just clear bulbs, they light up practically clear but still have a tiny bit of a yellow light. I think when not lit up they look the best because, as Donner said, it looks the cleanest. I personally like them better than the blue/purple/green ones.

Please let me know...

donner where did you get that grille?

I'm going to do the before and after, so if you need any product info, let me know. Thanks!

That is excellence bigapple! Thank you for the coil information... and thank you both for the lighting advice...

What are the two items located in the lower grille area on each side?

That is excellence bigapple! Thank you for the coil information... and thank you both for the lighting advice...

What are the two items located in the lower grille area on each side?

i have an aftermarket set of fog light projectors... i was really considering a new set but im gunna wait a bit on it cuz i just spetn a decent amount of money on a remote start system... the light housings have a large clear cylinder on the inside and send a flat beam out and its pretty cool but ifd rather get the full projector with the large dome glass housing... i want a little more road coverage with them

This is just fun, mods never stop!

The Westin got attached, but the piaas had to be moved, no choice. They are relocated... (I only put half the pic and at night because of the b&a to come... sorry) There was some modification done to the lower valance to accommodate the bar, but I can live with that. This is too much! My budget ends with the cargo carrier... but the lift is prepaid (basically).

(I don't know what that green spot is, it showed up in the pic)

The Westin got attached, but the piaas had to be moved, no choice. They are relocated... (I only put half the pic and at night because of the b&a to come... sorry) There was some modification done to the lower valance to accommodate the bar, but I can live with that. This is too much! My budget ends with the cargo carrier... but the lift is prepaid (basically).

(I don't know what that green spot is, it showed up in the pic)

have u decided to lift with the coilsprings.com or the quiklift struts>

Still waiting...

If I don't get delivery by the date promised on the QL, then I'll do the springs. But the QL arrival date is scheduled at the same time the coil springs would arrive. My warranty will let me swap out the existing struts at no charge and install the QL (labor though, gotta pay that). So it's kinda worth the wait - $800 per vehicle + labor:eek: All I would pay is the additional labor costs... and then we can rebuild the wheel wells too.

Hey Donner love how the grill looks!!!
When you get a chance post pictures of the whole truck
I have a red Eddie and i've been thinking of painting the tan black.

Lo antes posible, lo hare...

There are a few minor details left, and then she's done... (I going to post the tail lights, and then I'm out... no he podido dormirme, asique los seunos me tienen confundido, sabes? I haven't been able to sleep and I'm about to collapse...

There are a few minor details left, and then she's done... (I going to post the tail lights, and then I'm out... no he podido dormirme, asique los seunos me tienen confundido, sabes? I haven't been able to sleep and I'm about to collapse...

hahaha...cool bro..i'm spanish also..de Uruguay:thumbsup:

Que viva Uruguay! Mira, soy pana, pero cuando yo hablo, dicen que soy cubano; cuando me ven, dicen que soy boricua.... por eso digo que soy American, tu sabes?

Uruguay, stay strong! I'm pana, but people hear cuban spanish, they see me, puerto rican; I just say I'm American... and then go eat mexican food!

Que viva Uruguay! Mira, soy pana, pero cuando yo hablo, dicen que soy cubano; cuando me ven, dicen que soy boricua.... por eso digo que soy American, tu sabes?

Uruguay, stay strong! I'm pana, but people hear cuban spanish, they see me, puerto rican; I just say I'm American... and then go eat mexican food!

lol def. know what you mean..people look at me and they think i'm a blanquito:D

Jiji... and we get to be American! I love this country, lifted trucks, lowered trucks, tints, and this site covers every geographical area - I'm sure Hawaii and Alaska are here too... This site is the best! Canada, Australia, England, New Zealand... I've never seen anything from any of these countries except sports cars, luxury cars, and the outback(?) They kickit it too! (I'm old school, kickit and modet are still in my vocabulary)

modet, ah! I miss those days...

I'm out.

If I don't get delivery by the date promised on the QL, then I'll do the springs. But the QL arrival date is scheduled at the same time the coil springs would arrive. My warranty will let me swap out the existing struts at no charge and install the QL (labor though, gotta pay that). So it's kinda worth the wait - $800 per vehicle + labor:eek: All I would pay is the additional labor costs... and then we can rebuild the wheel wells too.

if warranty would cover it if u installed it, its not hard to install struts... i installed a pair of strut spacers on my friends toyota tundra using a simple jack and simple tools in my simple garage... not too much to it

I'm a bit disabled, and not mechanically inclined at all. Thank you for the suggestions... that's partly why I focus on warranties... I try to do some of these things, but they take forever or I just can't get it done right... I can do light bulbs and light covers, but I'm limited. Thank you very much though!

Being there was some talk in here about it, I though this would be the place for this question. I've been wondering about the grill guard on that Westin project Explorer, but I can't find it. I emailed them a couple of times, even called once. I just get the runaround. They have recently added the details, but I don't think any of those sponsors have that guard. You would think they would use their own for self advertising. Looks like bigapple's, but modified??

Anybody have any info on this?? Thanks in advance.

Hey there, try calling FabTech... I believe that's their grille.

Hmmm... I called FabTech, and not only did they say they don't have it, but can't even tell me if it was a one-time custom deal. So I called Westin again, and the guy actually looked it up! He said it was their Xtreme Push Bar, but also said "that chrome cross piece at the bottom, I don't know where that came from". Well, adding a flat cross support (or skid plate, can't tell by looking) wouldn't be unheard of. It does look like it with the optional headlight guards, but they don't even make it for the Explorers. WTF??? Well, I give up. Guess I'll have to shoot for something else.

Link to Xtreme pic, which ironically looks like it's for an XP.

http://www.westinautomotive.com/hires/ko/KOXP100W.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Donner, where did you get those bumper lights that go into the recovery hook holes? Looks like they fit perfectly, and look great.

Back