33's without too much work.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

33's without too much work....

Has anyone tried (successfully or otherwise) to run 33's on a Sport with only shackles/AAL/TT? I am looking at mine and thinking 33x11.5 may go without the BL. Just want to see if anyone has had any luck with this? Thanks.:confused::scratch:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm in the same boat as you bro, I'm bout to do the TT and shackles, I was thinking about doin the AAL cause its only $30 off summit. But then it would pretty much level. I'm going to "try" and run 33's. I've searched some pics and just all of that looks pretty good. You won't have much articulation or anything but the'll fit.

You'll need to cut the fenders, or they will rub.

Has anyone tried (successfully or otherwise) to run 33's on a Sport with only shackles/AAL/TT? I am looking at mine and thinking 33x11.5 may go without the BL. Just want to see if anyone has had any luck with this? Thanks.:confused::scratch:

You can't AAL, you have a mono-leaf pack in the back. Either have to swap it out for a 4door leaf pack or find another way to lift the rear.

We just tried my 33s on a frieds stock sport wih a 15x8 wheel and a 33x12.50 tire the inner fender liner has to be trimmed on the front and rear. But they would fit.

On the uptravel I think the wheel will hit the bottom corner of the fender. Unless your wheels had different backspacing.

We just tried my 33s on a frieds stock sport wih a 15x8 wheel and a 33x12.50 tire the inner fender liner has to be trimmed on the front and rear. But they would fit.

did you get any piks of this?

your most likely gonna have to trim and trim alot.....

I've decided to just stick with shackles/TT. I picked up a set of Dick Cepek FCII's, 265/75R16 ( 32's ). Gave up on running 33's. Too much like work.;)

No but i will if you would like. I will try and get some tomorrow.

You got 33's on a stock sport on a 15x8? What year?

If you can fit 33's on a stock sport with some trimming....hmmmmmm

33's won't fit with just some trimming. Maybe for a city ride for a few blocks, but no way is it going to be able to articulate.

I had 32s on a my old 2002 sport with shackles and the TT and they rubbed when off roading or going through major dips.

I had 32s on a my old 2002 sport with shackles and the TT and they rubbed when off roading or going through major dips.

How much did they rub?? How much of a TT did you do?? What size lift are the shackles?? Sorry for all the questions lol

They would rub quite a bit when turning right going through a dip and off road often. I gave it probably about 2in through the TT. The shackle I installed was the warrior shackle and i believe it got about an inch or an inch and a half. It sat a little higher in front than in the back when it was all said and done. I only left it that way for a couple of months or so until I put some 3in spindles on it and 4in leaf springs in the back. After the spindles and leafs i couldnt make the 32s rub if i tried. Was gonna get 34s and do some fender trimming... but then got a DUI and had to get rid of it. With the TT and the shackles I would recommed nothing bigger than a 31 in tire.

They would rub quite a bit when turning right going through a dip and off road often. I gave it probably about 2in through the TT. The shackle I installed was the warrior shackle and i believe it got about an inch or an inch and a half. It sat a little higher in front than in the back when it was all said and done. I only left it that way for a couple of months or so until I put some 3in spindles on it and 4in leaf springs in the back. After the spindles and leafs i couldnt make the 32s rub if i tried. Was gonna get 34s and do some fender trimming... but then got a DUI and had to get rid of it. With the TT and the shackles I would recommed nothing bigger than a 31 in tire.

Mmk cool cause I just finished up the TT and Shackle lift on my 01 Explorer Sport. I bought the Discount Auto Parts Shackle Lift Which I customized and got a 3in lift in the rear and Off the TT I got about 2 1/2 Then I added new Fabtech Shocks that fit up to a 4in lift and kinda got a lift off of those lol I fit a 265/75/16 with no rub at all! I was so suprised! lol

They should fit with no problem, they are only 31.5's. Your shackles must really hang low for a 6 inch lift.

Back