nissan rear??????? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

nissan rear???????

I found a set of 4.89 gears for the nissan rear!Its what Ive been waiting on for this project.I didnt want to buy gears for the front until I got what I WANTED in the rear.Now I cant order some 4.88s for the front!

Wheel adapters are CRAP and everyone that I know that has run them has had problems.Besides I still have to buy gears and a decent locker/limited slip and at the end of the day its still not nearly as strong as the nissan rear.Im going to try and locate one tomorrow.Thanks for the input.

Well, it sounds to me like you've got your mind made up. So, good luck. Didn't know there was a 4.63 gears! Crazy

Project has kinda been on hold for a minute.Havent had alot of spare time lately.Id did get the 4.89 gears for the nissan rear and Im buying a set of 4.89s from a guy for the dana 44 front for 50 bucks as soon as he gets them out.As far as the driveshaft bolting up,Nissan does make a yoke for the rearend that takes a dana style u-joint so Im checking on that.Whatever is cheaper is the route I'll take-New yoke or modifying the driveshaft.I'm trying to make this a budget build:D

Back