Worst stuck pic thread | Page 32 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Worst stuck pic thread

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yep, but they don't do much when they are shootin atthe tops of trees. :)

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Nice, I still hav'nt gotten stuck after 4 snow trips and 8 mud trips this season, almost, but not completely.

Nice, I still hav'nt gotten stuck after 4 snow trips and 8 mud trips this season, almost, but not completely.

yea i was gunna say that today.... but never mind lol (look at my post about deep snow ....) btw prolly jinxed yourself now ha

looks like all the drivers here need to learn this little goodie!

4x4 prayer.

Our lockers, who art in the diffs, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy traction come.
Thy will be done, On mud as it is in rocks. Give us this day our daily tread,
And forgive us our rollovers, As we forgive those who roll against us.
And lead us not into bottomless bogholes, rivers and ponds, But deliver us from breakage.
For thine is the locker, with the glory of traction, for ever and ever. Amen.

lol My buddies old 92 would have a story to top yall. i gotta get him to post on here. he got his stuff stuck in a stream full of water. water was up to his window on his drivers side. took 2 jeeps and a truck to pull it out and 3 days later... it was driving haha. ran perfect until he totalled it 3 years later.

i got a few good ones this one was fun 4x4in and only had 2wd hubs didnot want to lock in because they are the autohubs wanted to see how far up the hill i could go got close to the top but could not get through the creek so started to back down the hill and was not looking at the passanger side at all and backed off the road and had to walk back to camp that was fun

n503750466_423710_8312.jpg

n503750466_423711_8628.jpg

then this one went 4x4ing after it was raining for like aweek straight and had to get towed out that was a nice bill

n503750466_423721_5933.jpg

i cant remember the way he went in but he was able to go in and turn around then he got stuck there then the toyota 4runner that was just stuped he was just trying to pull me out and got stuck in the rutts and i think my 4x4 was still not working i do not like the auto hubs and half shafts and all this ifs i think i went through like 5 hub assemblies and then like 6 hubs and 5 half shafts

Wish I had pics of the incident but I guess you'll have to take my word for it.

Last year in April, I was traveling to a Scout camp for shooting with my venture crew. We piled into two vehicles, a Honda minivan and an old '80's Ford Econoline E-350 Clubwagon. Well it had been raining, and the trails weren't kept up real well so when we got there there was this huge pond in the middle of the trail that led to the camp sites.

Our Venture leader driving the e-350 saw that he could make it and told the lady Scout leader in the honda to wait till he was through. He gunned up the engine and race right through with very little slippage. The lady leader thought that because the Ford went through so easy that she could make it and *plowed* in! She got stuck sliding in and around the mud hole, seriously stuck.

So being the inventive scouts we were I and the male venture leader took and active and deep role in mud slinging that van out of there. We shoved and pushed, but the lady leader kept gunning and dug herself in worse. Finally we told her to stop and tried to use branches in front of the wheels to give them some traction. That failed and we had created canyons where ridges were before in the mud, in one last effort we flattened the ridges with the drier mud and shoved it under the wheels. Well I went up front to push where could at least get some traction with my boots and right then the lady leader decided to turn her whelels to the left and all the mud she kicked up went inside my mouth nose and shirt:( . But with that last shove we got her out.

My only consolation was in the fact that the giggling girls in the front seat left the window down when I got splattered... :D .

Needless to say, Ford triumph's again!!

Wish I had pics of the incident but I guess you'll have to take my word for it.

Last year in April, I was traveling to a Scout camp for shooting with my venture crew. We piled into two vehicles, a Honda minivan and an old '80's Ford Econoline E-350 Clubwagon. Well it had been raining, and the trails weren't kept up real well so when we got there there was this huge pond in the middle of the trail that led to the camp sites.

Our Venture leader driving the e-350 saw that he could make it and told the lady Scout leader in the honda to wait till he was through. He gunned up the engine and race right through with very little slippage. The lady leader thought that because the Ford went through so easy that she could make it and *plowed* in! She got stuck sliding in and around the mud hole, seriously stuck.

So being the inventive scouts we were I and the male venture leader took and active and deep role in mud slinging that van out of there. We shoved and pushed, but the lady leader kept gunning and dug herself in worse. Finally we told her to stop and tried to use branches in front of the wheels to give them some traction. That failed and we had created canyons where ridges were before in the mud, in one last effort we flattened the ridges with the drier mud and shoved it under the wheels. Well I went up front to push where could at least get some traction with my boots and right then the lady leader decided to turn her whelels to the left and all the mud she kicked up went inside my mouth nose and shirt:( . But with that last shove we got her out.

My only consolation was in the fact that the giggling girls in the front seat left the window down when I got splattered... :D .

Needless to say, Ford triumph's again!!

It was my first stuck and was deffinetly not a fun adventure. I got it stuck at like 10am and was there until 4 that day and came back the next day where we finally got it out after using a hi-lift and a silverado with 150 of recovery straps and chains hooked together. It was burried up to the running boards, a towing company wanted to charge me over $700 to pull it out. It ended up costing me about $200 after the hi lift and buying an extra tow strap and food for everyone who helped me out. I'm just glad to finally get it out after it sat for 24 hours.
th_SANY0043.jpg

th_SANY0042.jpg

th_SANY0041.jpg

th_Photo-0021.jpg

WOAH bro, sorry to hear about that. You can only do something like that in a stock explorer with speed so the momentum carries you through, because traction otherwise obviously will not.

When a tow service mentioned big $$$ I always imagine all the cool stuff I could have instead of a one shot tow.. When My buddy really got stuck we had to leave it overnight.. We had no winch, but were seriously considering picking one up instead of blowing $$$ on a tow.

See Jeep Cherokee XJ stuck thread

You can only do something like that in a stock explorer with speed so the momentum carries you through, because traction otherwise obviously will not.

Actually I didn't get there because of momentum I was trying to turn around but you can't see it in the pictures, I was in the process of turning around is when I got stuck,I had already made it further than where the picture was taken but it justed started to dig in right threre, that was the reason we had to pull from 150 feet away.

When the towing company told me that much, I was going to just go buy a winch if we could not get it out without one. I did end up buying a hi-lift which deffinetly helped since I was able to get some wood under neith the rear tires and according to some of the guys watching my back tires left the ground by a foot.

can you make the pics bigger? i think i see an explorer on those.. :shifty_ey

Mmm orchard turf... sticky stuff. Still no stuck for me.. but I have new pics and a vid in my siggy.

it was 40 degrees out
and i had to take a little swim to hook it up
:)
it was interestin...

something.jpg

is that with the 33's? lol nice

I always hook it up before heading into the deep stuff.. Going for a swim after the fact isn't my idea of fun.. especially in cold water..

yep i got tow starps on the front
but id been through this puddle plenty of times before...
just not after it had rained for 3 days strait haha

Back