97 5.0 ex build up | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

97 5.0 ex build up

I bought my 97 5.0 ex in 2006. it had 66000 miles on it it is loaded c/d player sun roof and leather
100_3692.jpg

the only thing that was a real problem was the paint!! it was cracking on the roof and hood. so after about 2 years.this is what it finaly started to look like
100_4163.jpg

so i decided to make it an offroadable dd so i started with the tires pro comp 31=10.50 and a snorkel
100_3706.jpg

100_3716.jpg

I also made the clear side markers
100_3695.jpg

then to takel the paint after doing so shopping i decided to do the bed liner look I was not sure at first but figured anything was batter then what it was so this is what I came up with so far
100_4176.jpg

100_4182.jpg

after having the bed liner on for a while now I love it no worries of stray shopping carts or others car doors
I also did warrior shackels aal superlift shocks tt and removed the front lower valance and tinted the tai lights I also added some round fog lights in the bumper so as of right now the only thing I realy need is a rear bumper.
100_4177.jpg

100_4193.jpg

100_4435.jpg

100_4201.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That looks awesome!!!Now i want a bedliner paint job.If you dont mind me asking how much was it for the bed liner paint job?

That came out better then I would have ever guessed.

Where did you get that add a leaf?

did you put it on yourself?spray or roll on?

roll on I did a total of 3 coats and still have about half a gallon left over may just see about doing another coat

well the ex is in bad shape the t-case went out the other day!!!!
so now i am in the middle of a manual 4406 install should have everything i need by tuesday and back on the road tuesday night will have pics later:thumbsup:

sweet truck. to bad your selling it.

you see i am selling it if i get the price im asking it goes but if not it stays

nice x what u plannin on getting if u sell this x

Back