Who has 02/03 Mounty Lowered?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who has 02/03 Mounty Lowered??

whitestang04gt

Reaction score
City, State
Lowcountry, SC
Looking for kits & pictures of 02/03 Mountaineers lowered, Groundforce is the only kit I am finding. Lets see what everyone else has done.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looking for kits & pictures of 02/03 Mountaineers lowered, Groundforce is the only kit I am finding. Lets see what everyone else has done.

just lowerered my 03 explorer this week. The 1.6 drop doesn't sound like much but I'm happy with it. I have 22's and it sits nice. Will upload pics later today.

Ground force kit? How is the ride quality?

Rides awesome! I built the explorer for my girl and even she said it feels like it grabs the road better than before. It doesn't ride rough at all. I just took some pics. Give me a minute to upload them and I'll post before and afters. With the 22's the truck sat extremely high. And yes the blue ground force kit.

i ran the same kit for about 2 months and fell inlove with the ride. honestly i kinda wish i didn't lift my truck lol. i should kept it lowered. it felt like it got rid of that too soft ride and made it just right.

i have always read the ride quality was crap lowered. This gives me new hope!

i have always read the ride quality was crap lowered. This gives me new hope!

it always depends how you lower it. the springs give the ex a much better feel and better handling. with the groung force its only a 1.6 drop so its not too much different than stock just a little tighter ride, barely noticable though.

you guys replacing the shocks too? Springs straight off ebay?

I replaced the front ones because I had some new ones laying around. But they were just factory shocks from O'rielly

thats a nice paint job man...looks good

Back