• Register Today It's free!

dual fog light bezel

toptaz1000rr

Reaction score
City, State
long island new york
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 xls
can someone tell me what year sport trac's came with or where i could get a trim bezel with the dual fog light holes in it

i am trying to custom wire in a few things and that would really trick it out for me

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dual on each side? or two total? I think 01-03 had the recessed holes, one on each side, for fog lights...

no i have seen a few pics of bezles posted that had 2 fog lights switches on t he same (right side) one on top of each other..

have seen it a few times
so i am wondering what year/model truck it was from .. it would save me the headache of cutting up mine... :)

any help is appreciated thank you

i have seen those pics on here before too but for one thing sport tracs dont dont come with dual fog lights the bezal that you were referring to what a guy lived somewhere where he didnt need rear defrost so he bought another fog light switch to run auxillary lights and just put the switch where the defrost switch was originaly at

yea thats what i figured and thats waht i am going to do as well .. its alot trickier then cutting up the dash or adding aftermarket switches

thanks

yea thats what i figured and thats waht i am going to do as well .. its alot trickier then cutting up the dash or adding aftermarket switches

thanks
it souldnt be to hard just have to figure out how the switch works besides it will look alot cleaner thand just having some random ugly switch mounted somewhere

got it .. 16 bucks :) love ebay ... lol
now i have to figure out would anyone know where to get the wiring diagram to the 4 prongs in the fog light switch i am working on a project and i need to know what each prong goes to ... i am guessing 1 is ground... 1 is power.. 1 is for illumination (light the switchup with the dash lights) and 1 is for the fog light power... but i dont know what is what

not sure about the wiring diagram but if you want to find out what each wire does just test them with a volt meter or even a test light you should be able to let what each does sinch there is only 4 wires just pinpoint the ground then just turn the parking lights on and you should be able to find the wire that powers the light in the swith the push the button and you will be able to find the power out wire or something like that you know what i mean

This is for a 2002 Trac with the fog switch on the center dash bezel.

2002FogLampSwitchConnector.jpg

The best thing to do would be to visit the salvage yard and cut the switch connector with a foot of wire off of a junker.

Oh, and here's the 2002 wiring schematic for the fog lamps in case you need it.

2002FogLampSchematic.jpg

thank you .. VERY much appreciated .. .ill get pics posted soon as i am done with frankestien :)

Just to let you know you have to wire the factory fog switch into the ground side of your relay. Your relay needs to have power to it on the (+) side all the time and then the (-) side should go to the fog switch then to a good ground. It took me a while to figure out why my lights werent working when the switch was wired to the positive side of the relay.

Back