Bumper Mount Light Brackets | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bumper Mount Light Brackets

I'd like to do 2 big ass KC daylighters or something similar but I don't have a grille gaurd to mount them on yet so I'm just gona drill them into the front bumper but i'm scared how this will look.

Does anyone have pictures of some KC's or similar lights drilled onto the front bumper?...does anyone think it would look amazingly horrid on my eddie?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

here are mine.
jqrnub.jpg

2q3au4k.jpg

i did mine like "wisekise" cause the other way was WAY to hard to get to work, but this way work great no speacial angle just a good ol 90 (degree)

looks good, and pretty easy too huh!
i just had the steel laying around , but i bet you could find an "L" bracket at lowes or somewhere similar.

OK I got called into work right after I unbolted the first one I got called back into work cause someone had the sniffles so I have the pics but I can't load them till I get home I don't have the cable to my camera with me but hopefully when I get off in the morning I will still have strength and sanity to finish up. !7 hours is no joke.

OK I got called into work right after I unbolted the first one I got called back into work cause someone had the sniffles so I have the pics but I can't load them till I get home I don't have the cable to my camera with me but hopefully when I get off in the morning I will still have strength and sanity to finish up. !7 hours is no joke.

Eager to see some pics!

Here is mine for a 94 X on a 8x8 "L" bracket.

bracketdimensions.png

truck008.jpg

Hey Would i beable to fit this brush guard on my 91 explore?? i have the brush guard but i need the mounting brackets.

What "brush guard" ?????:confused:

oh i must of click a wrong button when i was looking at someone else explore. im new to this website and trying to get used to it. ha

oh i must of click a wrong button when i was looking at someone else explore. im new to this website and trying to get used to it. ha

Well welcome none the less! You will LOVE it here! Let me know if I can help you in any way.

Heres the ones I just put on my EX. I used steel corner braces from Home Depot/ Lowe's and bent them in a bench vise til they fit properly

P1010001.jpg

P1010002.jpg

P1010003.jpg

just wanted to say Thanks for all the different ideas!!! ill take some pics when i mount my lights!

any one making thease and selling them?

It's very cheap... I wouldn't suggest it. Using your bumper can be a great durable mounting point. [Or the brackets] Lightforce lights are great, but .. they are awfully bulky.

i kno i just dont wanna make them

man, i'm glad i found this thread.. i keep seeing the 'bumper' mounted lights and was wondering
1. how everyone gets them perfectly aligned
2. do you just drill the hole into the plastic bumper (dee de deee)

great ideas!

i think im gonna do the same, i just got a set of 100wat hid kc knock offs for free, but i think im gonna just grab an L bracket from local hardware store and modfy it because im not so good at bending up things. im just gonna do like WiseKise did get pics soon as i can get out there to do it when it stops raining and snowing

Back