need pics of off road lights bolted to bumper | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

need pics of off road lights bolted to bumper

i need to get pics of ya'lls off roads light bolted to the bumper. i know i will have to drill through the plastic and the bumper itself, but i need close up pics to make sure i will have room for the lights.

i will be getting some kc daylighters, pro comps, and some kc slim line soon. i dont know which ones i will put on the two ex's and the ranger. i guess i need to make sure there will be enough room for the lights with little or no trimming of the grill.

i hope this make sense.:confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pull of the top pad of the bumper on your 2nd gen. you will find two holes that ford already put in for mounting lights.

here I don't know if this will help

Attachments

• ag17-029.jpg
    ag17-029.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,175

Originally posted by rydinhigh
Pull of the top pad of the bumper on your 2nd gen. you will find two holes that ford already put in for mounting lights.

i didn't know that, thanks.

Originally posted by hvac man
here I don't know if this will help.

that gives me a good idea for our first gen, of which i need to post pics of. now, wheres the dang camera? the lights i'll be getting are the 6" lights. i am hoping one of you might have like a close side or 3/4 shot of the lights.

well does this help

9485dscf0363.jpg

9485front1.jpg

My drivers side light is busted in this pic took a rock dead on

9485front2.jpg

AlaskanJack when you get a chance could you get a shot from the side showing how much clearance you have behind the light. thanks.

thanks hokiebert, i'll see if my dad can help me make the brackets since he can get scrap metal pretty easily.

Rx4phun, i think i will be putting our lights in the same location you have yours. i'll still check and see where the holes under the cap are first.

Originally posted by williecume
thanks hokiebert, i'll see if my dad can help me make the brackets since he can get scrap metal pretty easily.

Lowes sells the 1" x 3/16" x 36" that I used to make mine. Mine were precision made with a 5lb sledge, sawzall and a drill :D

Originally posted by HokieBert
Lowes sells the 1" x 3/16" x 36" that I used to make mine. Mine were precision made with a 5lb sledge, sawzall and a drill :D

thanks for the info. i think i will check it out in a few days.

Good luck to ya... Like i said in the other thread, if you use the brackets like I posted, get some rubber hose to discretley put between the bracket and the bumper to stop any flutter the lights might have when you're going down the highway. pics are always appreciated!

Originally posted by HokieBert
Good luck to ya... Like i said in the other thread, if you use the brackets like I posted, get some rubber hose to discretley put between the bracket and the bumper to stop any flutter the lights might have when you're going down the highway. pics are always appreciated!

will do, thanks for the tip.

Back