• Register Today It's free!

plastic on an XLS

true66gt

Reaction score
City, State
california
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 xls
is there a way to take off/cut the plastic on an XLS so it doesnt look too ghetto? when i first got it i started popping it off but when i got to the rear quarter panel i noticed that the whole bottom section was only plastic, theres no fender behind it.

i just made some shackles that are 1" longer than the stock ones, so it should only raise the rear 1/2". i just want to get the sag out of it. i also want some 31's so im assuming ill have to make some more shackles and then do the TT and get it re-aligned.

any suggestions on how to make my xls look more off road or badass? i feel lame doing the 2" TT and shackles with the brand new skinny stock tires that are on it.

currently completely stock
1001409r.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would say keep them on there, I personally love the stock flares if theyre painted black or like a gunmetal grey.

Trust me, it would change the look of your whole truck, since its red, id say shoot them with some black.

so i wont have a rubbing problem with 31" all terrains and the 2" shackles and twist up the torsion bars?

Heck no, that combo works great together, for a long time I had 31's with no suspension mods and no rubbing.

I will say this, after the 31's are on for awhile you will be thinking they look "too small" and want bigger :D

oh i know haha. how much work would 33's require? i dont mind doing body lift, but i will not tolerate the gap between the bumper. and i havnt looked into moving it up if i did so.

if anyone has 2" shackles, could you tell me the dimensions? mainly the distance between the 2 bolt holes. the 1" longer ones i made were only gonna lift the rear 1/2", so my friend decided to put them on his trooper and we cranked up his torsion bars 1-1/2" today.

the only part about shackles that i dont like is that they are visible below the bumper. i want it to look clean, not wannabe wheeler.

Well alot of guys do the shackle mod and wheel them. And yes you can fit 33's with the body lift but as far as the bumper gaps go you'll have to search around the forum some because its posted somewhere on here of how to fix the gap but with the tt and b/l the truck would look good with 33's.

Another thought as to the plastic, you may want to look at getting molding from an XLT/Limited/Eddie truck so that your holes aren't visible and will look good.

Back