Trim

College Student

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Indinapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 EB
I was thinking about putting bed liner on the eddie bauer flares and bumpers and all the exterior trim, i was wondering though, does this mess with the back up sensor? or can i still use it after putting the layer of liner on the bumper, i'd like picks of a red with the black trim if anyone has some

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As long as you dont paint over your sensors you wont have any dramas putting bedliner on the bumper.

I understand a lot about cars grown up fixing them all my life but are the sensors the black circles, located in the little strip thing on the bumper? Could you add pictures

I believe the entire strip that the black circles are inside is the backup sensor. You would have to leave that whole area unpainted, otherwise it will effect the performance.

Meaning that there would be a brownish color strip inside my what would be newely black trim, is there a way to get what im looking for?

I didnt think of that i'll see what happens, if tape works i'll then work on cardboard

Vinyl Dye (NOT the flexible coating, but penetrating dye- get it for sure at OReillys) will work. No runs or problems, either.

Back