Ford Touch / Sync not working | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Touch / Sync not working

Steve Jobs is still alive. I think Mr Mulaly could raise him on the blower and get this sorted properly... :D

I know you were just being facetious, but there's no way that Apple would design software or interfaces for third party hardware that was outside of their total control. At least not while Steve Jobs is still alive. You'd have a far better chance of seeing something like that after Mr. Jobs passes. But even then I seriously doubt it. You won't see an iSystem in a vehicle until Apple makes the entire iCar.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Stunned monkey is a idream icrusher!

Ugh. I just got mine back yesterday for various fixes, one of which was to be an issue with bluetooth connectivity. Guess what- I now have version 2.8 and no connectivity.

I'm seriously thinking the majority of problems are with the iPhone interface...

At lunch today, and after driving for a minute or two, I pressed the voice button on the wheel and got no response, so I pressed it again, still no response. So I quit on it and went to the phone on the screen, tried three times to get the quick dial to work (it didn't), so I gave up on all of it and just listened to the radio. About a solid minute later, the voice prompt came on. So I asked it to call "voicemail", the name I have set up for my messages. She said "voicemail data unavailble". I have no idea what that means; I just wanted it to dial the number.

I have one of these episodes everytime I try to do anything with MFT; I really wish Ford would announce a for real fix on an actual date.

jcorcione, you’re welcome. I can see why having a laggy system would become annoying. Feel free to also send me the info I mentioned earlier if you would like my help with your issues.

Cory

Cory,

Any word on my previous posts? SD Card Navigation? Good Will? Laggyness? Too soon?? :D

Ford Touch / Sync crash

I picked up my Limited on 6/6. It now has over 5000 miles on thanks to a trip out west (from Chicago). No less than 3 times I got Ford's version of the B.S.O.D. (Blue screen of death of windows). After a short time it indicated that updates were being performed. I suspect this message is to eliminate worry about a system crash for the novice user.

On the fourth instance the screen stayed on the same spot (loading bar stopped).

I was in San Antonio and stopped by a Ford dealer. (Luckily my son had GPS on his android phone!) The dealer took it in to the shop area and after a while brought it back with a working system.

Other observations on this trip, In Telluride, Colorado the front cowling scraped while crossing an intersection. (I didn't expect that.)

While at highway speed I did hear some wind noise and I noticed the center of the hood, near the windshield seemed to vibrate with the wind.

But yes, I would buy it again!

Second Faulty MFT

I loved my 2002 Explorer - great car with no issues. I unfortunately cannot say the same for my 3 week old 2011. It has impressive technology...when it actually works. I have already taken it into the shop once for a faulty my touch system - after 3 days, the dealer replaced the system. I've had it back for 4 days and have another black screen. I've read the posts about the faulty fuse and disconnecting the battery, but it seems unreasonable to expect customers to take these steps given the price paid for the auto...

vfral1, in case you may have missed my other post, I was told that an update will be coming soon. When I hear any more info, I’ll post it here.

jcorcione, I’m still waiting on a reply to your questions. I sent another message to see if I can get more details. Thank you for your patience.

jk60543, if you would like me to help with the issues you listed, please feel free to send me a private message. From previous messages, I already have your Explorer’s info, so all you would need to send is the dealer name.

2x explorerowner, I would also want to be able to experience all that MFT has to offer. If you would like me to escalate your concerns, please message me with your VIN, dealer name, and approximate mileage.

Cory

Okay my navigation screen went completely black, and at a time I need it the most. Wouldn't you know. Before it went completely out, I noticed it did come on and say SD Card Fault, but it worked for a while after that. It got me to my daughter's wedding venue for the rehearsal, which is in a very hard to find place. Although when leaving, the navigation screen is completely blacked out now. I'm taking it to the dealership for a burnt oil/gas smell that enters the cabin, and now for this. I called them after the screen went black and they said they might have to replace the whole navigation system. Well, I be driving my reliable 1997 F-150 until they figure these 2 things out.

I hope an update comes out soon. I REALLY would like the sd navigation due to the fact i have the MFT larger screen and sd card input. The system over the past several months since i posted has be come even MORE increasingly LAGGY!!

I hope an update comes out soon. I REALLY would like the sd navigation due to the fact i have the MFT larger screen and sd card input. The system over the past several months since i posted has be come even MORE increasingly LAGGY!!

2.11 has been out for a few weeks now.

I think he was referring to an update that actually fixes everything :D

REALLY?? DUH.. I should follow the forums more. Sorry for the late post. I will start this process. I just hope i don't screw it up... thanks.

REALLY?? DUH.. I should follow the forums more. Sorry for the late post. I will start this process. I just hope i don't screw it up... thanks.

Nah, I was being sarcastic :p:

There is no update that fixes everything, but people report that 2.11 is better.

Ditch Microsoft and contact Apple. They may have it right by the 17 model year.

I haven't signed the bottom line on my 12 yet but I'm watching this closely. I'd love for Ford to publish how many MFT issues per 1000k units have been reported. I'll be damed if I'm spending 50k on a car that doesn't work.

MFT Overhaul

Cory -
I believe in the past you may have referenced an overhaul to the MFT and just wondered if this is still on the "to do" list somewhere at Ford and what sort of timetable has been applied to it. I just returned from a long vacation and while the Explorer was a very comfortable car to take the kids in, the MFT was VERY buggy. Problems with slow or no response to initial screen touches, huge problems with multiple iphone/ipod devices in the car at the same time and transitioning from one device to the other via bluetooth and other quirks should be a fairly easy thing to fix.

I do think that Ford got a bit "touch screen happy" when designing the interior and perhaps a few more real buttons would be a welcome change moving forward. Regardless, can you say if there is a MFT overhaul in the works that will applied to current owners?

Secondly, the maps in the navigation are woefully out of date. There have been two occasions already since I purchased the vehicle 2 months ago in which the nav system did not find the destination or the road simply did not exist. What is more curious is my Garmin did find both of these locations and those maps have not been updated since I purchased the unit over a year and a half ago. When will there be a map update?

Thanks
Steve

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cory -
I believe in the past you may have referenced an overhaul to the MFT and just wondered if this is still on the "to do" list somewhere at Ford and what sort of timetable has been applied to it.

I'm not Cory, but to my recollection the only overhaul that he had mentioned was the July update, which turned out to be the 2.11 update. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken but I don't think he had spoken about any specific updates beyond that.

Back