• Register Today It's free!

"Ghost Cam"

Wombly248

Reaction score
City, State
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Mountaineer
Hey there, I was just curious to know what vaccum hose I'd pull to make a "ghost cam" sound on the explorer! There was a video on youtube posted by TekMan05, just search for "Ghost Cam Explorer" and you'll end up finding it. I have a 2000 Merc Mountaineer with the 5.0 in it.

Pictures help greatly! Thanks for this useful trick! =P

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow, that powdercoated intake looks nice!! :D

To the OP, Please do not remove that hose. Driving with it removed will surely cause a CEL , and possibly engine damage.

There were two hoses, smart-ass, I was trying to figure out which one it was. I'd rather not pull out a hose unknowingly. Granted both times I'd looked and it was above 95, I didn't look very hard for where the hose's went. I don't really care for this information now, but it was going to be more for a joke for my buddies at work as i was having my exhaust redone.

Want it to sound cool, how about you pull the intake off after the TB and unbolt the manifolds. Maybe drill some holes into the combustion chamber too.

.... don't be a di@k when someone is trying to help you. If you wanna blow up your truck, give it to me for a couple days.
BTW, that doesn't sound like it has big cams. It sounds like it has an aftermarket exhaust and idling problems. Oh wait, that's what it is.

Back