TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY

All Al needs from us is $$$. Period.

Al, here is the message.
Make a commitment, set a time frame for us to make our commitment.

10 sets get a price break ( just throwing a number out there)
20 sets gets a larger break--and so on. The number of people who are committed by the date sets the size of the group buy. It is that easy.

It will take you 10 minutes to join the forum and make a post, which will get straight to the target market. ;)

ExplorerForum Has Spoken!

:troops:

Thank You Turdle!

:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Honestly the major price break will come in at about 10 sets. There may be a slight further break for 20 or more, but I think this is a labor intensive thing and onece you get set up to do a run of 10, the economy of scale is not going to help much more.

Now if this was the first set of them he was making then there would be a large learning cost that could be amertised over the first run and that would allow yo to see a better price break at 2- or more because the initial R&D could get spread out over allot more units. But they already have the recipe for these, even fine tuned.

No, we just need to wait for them to get around to needing some money, then they will be ready to talk.

I sure am glad that I am not in desperate need of these. Bummer for thoes that are.

Monday morning I'm going to tell them to $%#t or get off the pot. It makes no sense to me that they haven't been able to give us a price yet. I originally asked them to figure out a price based on 12 guys, then 24 or 36. It doesn't seem that hard to me. As long as you all know I'm not dragging my ass on this I feel better. As of Monday no more mr. nice Skurz. I will have a price.

Monday morning I'm going to tell them to $%#t or get off the pot. It makes no sense to me that they haven't been able to give us a price yet. I originally asked them to figure out a price based on 12 guys, then 24 or 36. It doesn't seem that hard to me. As long as you all know I'm not dragging my ass on this I feel better. As of Monday no more mr. nice Skurz. I will have a price.

A time frame would be great as well. If it's going to take more than 30 days from the purchase date (not charge date) they have to give a time frame for delivery if credit cards are used. ;)

Hey, SKURZ thanks for the leg work. I'm still in and i'm in no big hurry, if that helps with the guys that are in need. My truck is drivable and a work in progress,not my DD. I'm doing cam, lifters and a programer so i can wait if need be.

For whatever it's worth, Skurz, my ex is my DD and it's all good right now - and I don't have a covered or heated work area. Since I will likely do the installation myself, I ain't gonna do it until it warms up around here (daytime temps around 20f right now). No rush on my part - and thanks for your efforts.

Thanks for doing this SKURZ, really great thing you are doing and it's nice to know you are impatient haha. I am still in for a set and not in a huge rush. I did start greasing up the old bolts already :)

Don't get me wrong, I know you've got your **** together and you've been on top of them. I was going to order for one of my friends with a 5.0, and as far as they are concerned, they'd pay another hundred bucks to get their headers a month or so earlier. That's the only reason I'm dropping out to order directly before the GB. If it is a better price than that, it's his loss and I might take a spare set for myself in case someone else I know gets a 5.0 or I have to replace the ones I've got a few years down the road or they get damaged.

Find,

You should try to negotiate with them to give you the mass buy price whatever it ends up being. They should be willing to do this because THEY are the ones holding this up, not us. That way you get a better price and the mass buy gets another buy in it.

Find, hang on until tomorrow if you can. Give me a chance to talk to them, but either way Bronchole is right, you should get the deal since it's them holding things up. I have been keeping track of who is in a rush by the way and will make sure that they're first in line.

I am for sure still in on this. the slowness is making easier to assure I will have the cash on hand to pay for them.

That's a great way to look at it, and I'm sure that you're not the only one.

IM OUT!

BOUGHT A FELLOW MEMBERS SET , GOT ME A SET OF TORQUE MONSTER HEADERS WITH A INTAKE SPACER AND THE EXPLORER EXPRESS REAR SWAY BAR WITH BUSHINGS

but im still subscribed to this too see updates

Shurz-we do appreciate what you are doing here. Don't feel pressure from us as it is great to have an advocate dealing with a company who has not always been great on responding to prospective clients in the past. If I may say so, without these headers most of us have to stick with the stock alternative which is where we have been for a while anyway. Getting these will be just icing on the cake for most of us so again, we are just happy to see any movement with Torque Monster....
I am willing to wait to see what type of deal you can arrange. Thanks again for sucking it up and taking the hits on this one..
Rick

I left another email this morning but I didn't hear back, so I tried my luck and called instead. Al actually answered so I got to speak to the man myself...finally. He made me an offer but after reminding him how many guys we were I counter offered with a lower amount, and will again until I get us the best deal possible. He's supposed to call me back in about an hour, so if the deal is right tonight could finally be the night, so stay tuned.

if he made you an offer on the phone and you countered why couldnt he respond to that offer

curious .. what was his price?

Erica is the number cruncher at the company so he wanted to discuss it with her before he would agree. I have to call him today, it was too late yesterday. I'm only going to say the price when I know 100% what it will be, but his offer wasn't bad, I just felt he could do better.

pm us his offer so we know a worst case scenario?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Aw, man! I ordered a set for myself a month ago, right before the mass buy got started - I guess I shoulda waited just a little longer. Anyway, I don't have the headers yet, so I emailed Erica yesterday and threw in a little blurb about seeing the mass buy on this board. I'll let you all know when I get my set, but I have the feeling I might be an unknowing participant in the mass buy.

Back