Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
I had this crazy idea and wanted to get some input. I want to cut out the middle of the back seat, so the driver and passenger rear seats mirror each other. Or instead of having a 60/40, I would have two 40's:D

Why? Well I like the idea of just two seats, since I never use the middle, especially with car seats back there some times. I'd really like to but another ammo box center console back there and turn it into a cooler:D

Why not use buckets like everyone else? I like the idea of the seats still folding down...and with the ammo center console in place, it mite just be a flat floor back there when the seats are down.:D

So Am I crazy? The Ranger guys make there bench seats into buckets all the time:dunno:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not that crazy of an idea. You're a good fabricator. Is there no way take another 99's rear 40 seat and drill new holes and bolt it on the 60s stock location.

EDIT
Upon second thought it's JP, rip out the 20 portion you like....raptors got it.:D

Perhaps look into using buckets from a sport. My Ex-father in law had factory rear buckets in his 01 sport

What about seats from a sport? Mine fold down. They only have 2 back seats... Might be worth looking into.

edit: I'm to slow again!

I would think you could fab some receivers for the other 2 legs on a 40 seat and fasten it in there.

I like the idea. Im going to have to look into it as well. I will pick up another back seat from the JY and experiment. We can let eachother know what we come up with.

This would actually be a great thing for a factory vehicle, to have a 40-20-40 seat, where the middle 20 can be a center console or fold down flat all the way, or just be taken out and the other two 40's can fold flat or be removed seperately too.

I agree it'd be easier to just get another 40 and adapt the brackets to the passenger side.

the way people swap out the 60/40 bench in rangers for buckets. and combine it with the rear bucket seat mod linked above. = what youre saying :)

it may be possible to swap the flip lever to the other side to if its inconvenient. no idea. something to figure out along the way i gues

Uh..Oh...:D

Attachments

• rear seat.jpg
    rear seat.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 690
  • rear seat2.jpg
    rear seat2.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 672

Idk, I hope that carpet is nice and soft.

Excellent:chug:

So the frame is now finished. I had to to create a new way to mount the rear inner side that is normally held in by the metal hook. I removed the hook and replaced it with a bolt. The Bolt mounts into a piece of 3x3" angle iron, that uses the seat belt mounting bolt for the center seat. I then drilled a new hole in the floor for the new leg placement, and then welded the bolt to the body.

You see the seat works just like the factory, even folds no problem;) Next up Zukmam will do the upholstery work;)

Attachments

• rear seat3.jpg
    rear seat3.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 619
  • rear seat4.jpg
    rear seat4.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 644

Complete! :D

Just need to repaint it or may find some seat cover, and that will super easy now!:thumbsup:

Next up the center console;)

Attachments

• rear seat5.jpg
    rear seat5.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 762

Nice! I'm sure it's further along now, where's the pics?

Honestly I have not had time to finish it. Been really busy at work:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, I know how that is. Keep us updated though. :thumbsup:

Back