• Register Today It's free!

bench seat in a 96 x?

patman

Reaction score
City, State
lincoln NE
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 sport
i took the center console completely out of my 96 x sport and now i want bench seats.....i'm not sure if it's possible....... if not i think i'll just make a short center console that is the length and height of the seats and pad it so people could sit on it....but would it be possible to take a bench seat out of a ranger or some other vehicle and bolt it in.....maybe w/ custom brackets?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bump, i'm making a junkyard run on sunday, if i can figure out a specific vehicle that will work better it would make my search much easier

possibly a ranger with 60 40 split seat? You might find the console out of the same vehicle.
i don't need or want a console anymore...just a bench seat, mainly because i love bench seats and partly because i want something nobod else has, so i don't want a bench seat, sodo you think i'd need to fabricate new brackets or what?

get one and try it out...i bet you will need to fab something up. Make sure you grab all the brackets from the ranger you get it from.

alright....what would be the best thing to fab brackets out of? because i'm not sure that i have the stuff to work the metal, depending on what i use

Some of the 1st gen Explorers came factory equipped with no console and an extra wide driver's seat so you could fit 3 in the front.Passenger seat was the same as a regular Explorer one.I have only seen a couple of them so it wasn't very common.I installed one in my 91 Explorer and only had to swap the original seat track over to make it fit.

Back