8000k or 10000k Hids? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

8000k or 10000k Hids?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Yeah me too.

Those lights are painful to look at even on the computer...

That makes 4 of us.

How has he not been pulled over yet?

I think theyd be all good if aimed right, ive had everything from stock halogen to 20k hids pass me and certain ones were fine and certain ones blinded me. I wouldnt know exactly but im sure it was because they werent aimed down enough.

20k... Oh Really?

That makes 4 of us.

Because a cop not pulling someone over doesn't mean their lights aren't blinding people. It means that cops don't want to bother with the hassle of it and be "dicks". PnP HID retrofits in most other cars and just about any other Explorer look just as bad, especially when they are using a stupidly blue HID that is up in that 8,000+ K range where it starts to get irritating to human eyesight.

You would be surprised how much crap the average cop lets slide.

I'd go with 8000k thats what I got on mine

IMAG0117_zps5d5a3d00.jpg

HIDs_zpsfa18f767.png

20k... Oh Really?

Because a cop not pulling someone over doesn't mean their lights aren't blinding people. It means that cops don't want to bother with the hassle of it and be "dicks". PnP HID retrofits in most other cars and just about any other Explorer look just as bad, especially when they are using a stupidly blue HID that is up in that 8,000+ K range where it starts to get irritating to human eyesight.

You would be surprised how much crap the average cop lets slide.

Eh, that's true too. But usually they pull people over here if they get blinded by the light. I've seen it.

And, that pic is so true.

Haha in Georgia, the cops pull you over for any light past an 8k, and in certain county's they'll pull you over any light past a 6k. You can also be ticketed for misaligned lights, the ticket is "driving with your high beams on or lights to bright". The 10k we sell is a dark blue, equivalent to a 30k, and you can be arrested for "impersonating a police officer". The excuse is if you flash your lights fast enough you'll look like a cop. In Gwinnett County where our shop is located the officers are sent to us to learn the differences in the light colors and kelvin ratings. They even pull over drivers with dead HID bulbs both factory and non factory that are out and give them a warning with our info on it

That makes 4 of us.

And a fifth. Those lights are painful to look at. Can't stand them

Sent from my XT907 using Forum Runner

Haha in Georgia, the cops pull you over for any light past an 8k, and in certain county's they'll pull you over any light past a 6k. You can also be ticketed for misaligned lights, the ticket is "driving with your high beams on or lights to bright". The 10k we sell is a dark blue, equivalent to a 30k, and you can be arrested for "impersonating a police officer". The excuse is if you flash your lights fast enough you'll look like a cop. In Gwinnett County where our shop is located the officers are sent to us to learn the differences in the light colors and kelvin ratings. They even pull over drivers with dead HID bulbs both factory and non factory that are out and give them a warning with our info on it

Wanna come up here and give me a kit? 6K please.

Got my order in for some 8k crystal blue hids and some clearance lights. Ill try and post some pictures when i get them installed

This thread actually made me laugh out loud as I have driven past too many drivers with the same mentality of putting HID bulbs in halogen housings and think they are fine, then if that is not bad enough throw an obnoxious temp bulb in to amplify the matter and don't reposition the headlight.

:banghead:

This thread actually made me laugh out loud as I have driven past too many drivers with the same mentality of putting HID bulbs in halogen housings and think they are fine, then if that is not bad enough throw an obnoxious temp bulb in to amplify the matter and don't reposition the headlight.

:banghead:

I actually want to see what a Second gen ex looks like with the stock housings and HIDs.

Anyone got this?

I can get some pictures either tonight or tomorrow for ya!

I actually want to see what a Second gen ex looks like with the stock housings and HIDs.

Anyone got this?

What is a picture of the headlights going to tell you? It will look just like before, but with the headlights lit up real bright and blue... Not like you are going to put HIDs in and there will be angles that it looks like a Ferrari... unless you are in oncoming traffic, and only because you will be blinded and have to use your imagination.

I've never understood why people judge HIDs from pictures of headlights lit up. Just seems kind of retarded to me. That doesn't give you any information on how it lights up the world ahead of you, which are what headlights are put there for in the first place.

What next, square wheels because they look cool, then arguing with anyone who says they aren't functional by saying you just haven't bought quality square wheels, then posting a picture of your stance to illustrate how good it looks?

What is a picture of the headlights going to tell you? It will look just like before, but with the headlights lit up real bright and blue... Not like you are going to put HIDs in and there will be angles that it looks like a Ferrari... unless you are in oncoming traffic, and only because you will be blinded and have to use your imagination.

I've never understood why people judge HIDs from pictures of headlights lit up. Just seems kind of retarded to me. That doesn't give you any information on how it lights up the world ahead of you, which are what headlights are put there for in the first place.

What next, square wheels because they look cool, then arguing with anyone who says they aren't functional by saying you just haven't bought quality square wheels, then posting a picture of your stance to illustrate how good it looks?

I'm against HID's in Halogen housings.
But I wanted to see a picture of them actually lighting up the road or in front of a wall to see how much the light is broken apart.
I would only put HIDs in the fog light housings, but I don't have stock fogs on my truck.

Lmao I'm not some guy who "thinks" he knows about HIDs, I am a guy who knows about HIDs. What you fail to realize is that the quality of the HID kit matters greatly, the installation is everything. Being disrespectful to anyone with a varying opinion from yours is a sign of opinionated ignorance. I don't need to put up a photo of someone's or my own HIDs against a wall, if you paid attention enough you would see many vehicles with HID's that DO NOT blind oncoming traffic. There are many people on this site with HIDs that have never blinded another car. My own system has never even blinded anyone from behind either, it doesn't dispurse into rear view mirrors.

A quality HID kit installed into a properly functioning factory housing will shoot out an even dispersed beam of light when the housing is properly re-aimed. Here's a real protip: there are many quality systems and the price has absolutely nothing to do with it. I suggest that if anyone gets a real education it is you, and not just a real education in HID systems but learn how to deal with people in a civil matter. I read the way you went after the guy who started this thread, not a good look for you. Here's another protip: not all cars with factory HID's came with projectors or D2R style bulbs. You know what the difference is between some Nissan Altima's with and without factory HIDs? Nothing but the socket the bulb fits into, the housing is the same.

Going to cut myself short, I can go at this with you all day, and prove my point over and over even with thousand of pictures from incalculable amounts of customers, but what's the point? I'm just some blind guy leading stupid people who is just as smart as the guys at all best buys who think they know audio. Lol. Speaking with you sir, honestly, it's like a conservative trying to have a conversation with an Eco-nut. Nothing I say will ever matter to one so opinionated and close minded.

I agree. I have installed DDM HIDs in many Motorcycles, from Victory, to Harley to Goldwing’s and have only see big improvement in visibility, and lower drain on the system. I change the angle as not to blind oncoming drivers, but the 5000 K white light is much easier to see than the yellow, 3000K halogen light.
I installed them in my F150 4X4 and it tripled my visibility on my lease. No damage to any vehicle, bike or light. Have driven by many LEOs and have never been pulled over

Damn bro, I'm from Texas but live in Ga now, we're big on southern hospitality

I just recently moved to GA from Houston, Where at in ATL you located?? Looking to do something with me headlights.

On another note, this thread brought tears to my eyes and I thank you all!

LOL find your ####ing dumb idk why your still going on, jusy drop it. you dont have to deal with any of our lights. go lecture the people that live in your area about why they should not have hids. Why do you care if i have hids? They'll probably be so annoying that i'll get beat up, have my car destroyed, have somebody swerve from oncoming traffic into me or have such poor vision that ill crash anyways and burn in an inferno

LOL find your ####ing dumb idk why your still going on, jusy drop it. you dont have to deal with any of our lights. go lecture the people that live in your area about why they should not have hids. Why do you care if i have hids? They'll probably be so annoying that i'll get beat up, have my car destroyed, have somebody swerve from oncoming traffic into me or have such poor vision that ill crash anyways and burn in an inferno

When you get them installed in your '97, show me some pics.

Back