Parts or services wanted

BenMar

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Iowa City , Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT
For a '96 Explorer ( other years may fit also ) I'm looking for the small connector that clips into the Fuel Management Vapor Valve , which is located in the left front corner of the engine compartment. This clip will have two wires on it ; a Lt. Green / BLK , and a RED color wire. I'd be needing the clip and 2 or 3 inches of the wiring. Any help locating one of these would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch !! Ben

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I recommend hitting the local bone yard.

bone yard search

Yup - did that already. Was trying to see if anyone might be parting out a Explorer or Ranger with this connector. Thanks

hi I have a good used one $10 shipped to you if you need my paypal is my email address kbabiak@comcast.net thanks,karl

Karl - Thanks for the offer , which sounds great. In my search I have discovered that Ford must have had two shapes to this connector. The one I need has one plastic snap lock located on the long side. Some have two snap locks located on each short side !
Any chance you'd be able to send me a photo of the connector , showing the open side ? My email is benmar@mchsi.com Thanks again - Ben

hi I will check tomorrow

Connector Located !!

Thanks to a good friend , Karl , the connector was located and is now installed ! Thanks to other Explorer friends that helped also. Good guys , all !

Back