Squeaky noise from dashboard when turning - 2011 explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Squeaky noise from dashboard when turning - 2011 explorer

parixit

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer XLT
Hi,

I have this squeaky noise coming from dashboard whenever I turn my explorer steering. Its quite noticeable at lower speed (e.g. parking garage). It makes my brand new explorer feel like a really old car with loose parts! I gave it to dealer to resolve this issue and he is not able to figure out root cause for this. Its been with the dealer since last 1 week and he doesn't have a lead to fix this.

Did anyone here had similar problems. Any helps/pointers would be great! Without any external help my dealer would take one more week!

-Parixit

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Its not the dash man, look a couple of threads down. I thought the same but its outside of the vehicle.

...Did anyone here had similar problems. Any helps/pointers would be great! Without any external help my dealer would take one more week!

-Parixit
Parixit,
I spoke with Jamie on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/JamieAtFord) and she says she’s working to have you called before the end of the day today. She will make sure this is corrected for you.

Cory

I am new to the forum and just came across this thread. I am getting the squeaky noise when turning the steering wheel on a 2011 Explorer. It does sound like it is coming from the dash. Does anybody remember the problem and solution?
Thanks.

Hi,

This winter more than the prior 2 that I've owned my X, I'm getting some squeaking from the front dash on the drivers side, definitely noticeable in the cold. This doesn't happen in the summer. But we got blasted with some ice last night here in North NJ and each bump in the road make it squeak. Pretty annoying. Has anyone had this issue and was it something you were able to correct on your own or did you have to bring it in? I can't tell if it's the plastic coming down from roof line to dash, or the air vents up front by the glass.

Thanks for any feedback and Happy Holidays to all!

Ercole

The wipers are attached to a frame and the mount of that frame to the body could be rubbing against the fender. That's what caused the squeaky noise when the steering wheel on my 2011 Explorer was turned. The sound sure seemed like it was coming from the dash but it was actually coming from the other side of the firewall.

...This winter more than the prior 2 that I've owned my X, I'm getting some squeaking from the front dash on the drivers side, definitely noticeable in the cold...

Hi ercole,

This sounds like something good to bring up with your dealership. Let them check things out and see what next steps they recommend. If you need my assistance after getting a diagnosis, feel free to reach out to me via PM.

Crystal

Hi,

This winter more than the prior 2 that I've owned my X, I'm getting some squeaking from the front dash on the drivers side, definitely noticeable in the cold. This doesn't happen in the summer. But we got blasted with some ice last night here in North NJ and each bump in the road make it squeak. Pretty annoying. Has anyone had this issue and was it something you were able to correct on your own or did you have to bring it in? I can't tell if it's the plastic coming down from roof line to dash, or the air vents up front by the glass.

Thanks for any feedback and Happy Holidays to all!

Ercole

I am having this same problem in Philly. Does you dash make odd noises when you press on it next to the defrosting vents? I am getting the same God-awful squeaking every time I hit a bump.

That's it, Fox. And it's expected to get even colder. I just crank up the Christmas tunes to drown it out. :thumbsup:

I think I'll have to take Chystal's advice and bring it in. My 3 years is up at the end of January.

Ercole

Back