Moisture in the headlight assemblies 2013 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moisture in the headlight assemblies 2013

nitzer51

Reaction score
City, State
seattle
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer LTD
I noticed today after having about 3 days of rain here in Seattle WA that both my headlight assemblies had moisture in them. This is the first time that I have noticed moisture and of course I am worried about that. Has anyone else had this problem? I have a 2013 limited with xenon headlights.

photo%201.JPG

photo%202.JPG

photo%203.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Owner's manual states that the headlights are vented so moisture can build up in them but they will dry. It is a normal condition.

Owner's manual states that the headlights are vented so moisture can build up in them but they will dry. It is a normal condition.

Thank you for that! I didn't even think to read the manual! Doh! Epic fail on my part.

I noticed today after having about 3 days of rain here in Seattle WA that both my headlight assemblies had moisture in them. This is the first time that I have noticed moisture and of course I am worried about that. Has anyone else had this problem? I have a 2013 limited with xenon headlights.

photo%201.JPG

photo%202.JPG

photo%203.JPG
Are they the regular or HID lamps. I have HID and have never noticed moisture in them.

Peter

Are they the regular or HID lamps. I have HID and have never noticed moisture in them. Peter

They are hid's and this is the first time I noticed moisture peter. Do you think I should be worried? They dried out and I haven't noticed any more moisture...

They are hid's and this is the first time I noticed moisture peter. Do you think I should be worried? They dried out and I haven't noticed any more moisture...
No, I don't think it is anything to worry about. As blwnsmoke posted, all exterior lamps are vented. Any moisture could take up to 48 hours to disappear under dry conditions. It is on page 357 of the 2013 Owner's Guide, 4th printing in the Maintenance section, under CHANGING A BULB, Lamp Assembly Condensation.

Peter

Back