How to reprogram TPMS Module with As-Built Data? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to reprogram TPMS Module with As-Built Data?

enigma9o7

Reaction score
City, State
Milpitas, San Jose, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Eddie Bauer 4WD V8
Okay so I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of this warning about tire pressure sensor fault. LF always reads 250 psi (accord to ford tech) regardless of which sensor is programmed as left front, so seems to be the module. He said if I replace the module, I'll have to reprogram with as-built data. I was able to find as-built data file for my VIN on motorcraftservice website, but don't know what to do it with it and my searches on here don't seem to be finding anything. I assume I need to buy some programming tool or laptop adapter or something?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Apperantly, the TPMS module is in something called a "Smart Junction Box" which is all one part. Not sure what else is in this box if anything...

Still need to know how to program it...

You will need to find someone with a vcm/ids to program the module.

I guess my question is... is that (linked above) the right thing to buy to program it? Reading about it, seems right... I can even use it pull ford specific does and make a 2nd key (among other things)

I found the TPMS module today... dunno about that whole SMJ thing I read about, it looks like a separate module to me, it's behind the 2nd row passenger side seatbelt panel (which I coincidentally opened to find the combination code)....

Still wondering if that's the right thing, before I buy it...

The one you linked to is a clone/fake. It will probably cause more problems then anything

Back