My 2012 Ford Explorer Limited with Shark Fin Antenna | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 2012 Ford Explorer Limited with Shark Fin Antenna

BlueFlame,

I you read the 2 posts just below the one you qoute you'll find the email address you need and some updates on how things went with ordering (they will still sell you one).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

FYI- my shark fin arrived today.

That was a lot quicker than I thought.

HID's, Shark Fin, emblems now waiting on rims/tires.

OEM? My sill plate on my EX Limited doesnt light up - i have the 302 package. Anyone care to clarify.

Thanks
I believe it is only on the Sport model.

Peter

Got my shark fin yesterday too so I can also confirm even with the website down they respond to emails and sell/deliver the product pretty quickly. Paint looks great on it too.

Sent several emails with no response...

Visual garage

Hello everyone.

I was wondering if anybody had any info about visual garage. Looks like their site has been down for awhile. I need a shark fin antenna. Well not need just want really bad. Or if there was another vender to go through. Thanks in advance.

Mike

Hello everyone.

I was wondering if anybody had any info about visual garage. Looks like their site has been down for awhile. I need a shark fin antenna. Well not need just want really bad. Or if there was another vender to go through. Thanks in advance.

Mike
Welcome to the Forum 12Explorer.:wavey:
As per my PM, I have moved your post to this thread. There is some info here on ordering and the current state of Visual Garage.

Peter

And you get this when you purchase the "Sport" model of Explorer.

Ford just started adding this when they brought back a true version if the Explorer Sport last year.

It's a way for those of us with a Sport to identify other Explorers out there that are the same brethren.

No i didn’t get it! in fact Explorer sport is not launched here in KSA as yet. i have ordered these and waiting for the delivery. people will not confuse an XLT with a Sport by just putting the letters on the hood. there are other prominent features of sport to outstand.

awesome!

I just got a 2014 ford explorer a couple months ago. same color too!. And i just ordered those dee zee boards. CANT WAIT!

Thanks for the pics as it made my decision very easy :)

on the other hand i paid 800.00 US for parts and shipping to Korea. not cheap but i must have them!

I have a 2015 Explorer XLT and installed a visual garage shark fin antenna. Was wondering if anyone was having any issues with HD channels on the radio? I seem to have lost the HD tab selection on the radio display along with the tagging tab. I'm assuming it's the antenna! I called ford and also a ford dealer and they don't have any idea and said to bring it in. Which I haven't done yet.

Welcome to the Forum Splany.:wavey:
I haven't read any previous posts about your issue. Unfortunately HD radio here in Canada is very, very rare. I'm sure another member may jump in and help you with your query.

Peter

height with the Sharkfin

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum. Looking at ordering a 2015 EX Sport, but have a height issue with my work parking space. I have just over 72" for the underground door. Including a small in/out angle, I think I'll clear the rails by less then 1/2". I'm sure its too tight for the antenna to even bend, it will just destroy it. (Ford dealer is willing to send one to my office to ensure it will fit...not bad service)

I saw the shark antenna option and it looks great...but, does it sit below the rail height, or does it sit above at all. Based on the all of the great pics, it looks to be a bit lower, but I can't tell.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Welcome to the Forum AXCL.:wavey:
I just checked their website and there really isn't much info there as to measurements so I guess you'll have to wait for a member who has one to respond. The OEM unit should have some flex to it as long as you don't catch it on anything while backing up.

Peter

Exp2012a.jpg

Exp2012d.jpg

I have not measured the height, but seems to be under the siderails.

BM

Thanks BM! It looks clear enough in these pics that it is below. When you consider the arc of the roof, it's definitely below the highest point.

Cheers!

BobbyMarks, it looks great, exactly my colour, have you asked about ginger ale colour antenna or not?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BobbyMarks, it looks great, exactly my colour, have you asked about ginger ale colour antenna or not?

RedEn, provided them the color and code.

Hope this helps.

BM

Back