My 2012 Ford Explorer Limited with Shark Fin Antenna | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 2012 Ford Explorer Limited with Shark Fin Antenna

Finally they got my color in and I placed my order!!!
Confirmation email :)
"We confirm your order for a VG Shark Fin Antenna Mark II for your 2013 Ford Explorer - Kodiak Brown Metallic / J1.
We'll notify you again once it has been shipped out; the current lead time is approximately 2 weeks, but we are working on getting your order shipped out as soon as possible. "

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Finally they got my color in and I placed my order!!!
Confirmation email :)
"We confirm your order for a VG Shark Fin Antenna Mark II for your 2013 Ford Explorer - Kodiak Brown Metallic / J1.
We'll notify you again once it has been shipped out; the current lead time is approximately 2 weeks, but we are working on getting your order shipped out as soon as possible. "

Nice. You did the hard work for me when I get mine. Thanks. Post before and after pictures when you have it on there. Would love to see it.

Sweet. I got mine a few weeks ago, and it looks awesome. Now I just need to get the vehicle that it mounts on.

My Explorer Sport is supposed to go in to production next week, with delivery hopefully within the first week or second week of September.

Anyone out there yet know what bulbs I want to use to replace the headlight and driving light bulbs with, so I can get the brightest white that I can that is as close as possible to HID lights?

Thanks to all. I'll post pics of the new X Sport once it comes in and of the new shark fin antenna.

Jerry

Exp2012c.jpg

Finally installed mine a few days ago and couldn't be happier. I ruined my stock antenna in a parking garage so I was happy to replace it....

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo3.jpg

Finally installed mine a few days ago and couldn't be happier. I ruined my stock antenna in a parking garage so I was happy to replace it....
Nice job EKY.:thumbsup: But that garage is way too tidy and clean.:D
The garage door opener looks the same as mine.

Peter

Nice job EKY.:thumbsup: But that garage is way too tidy and clean.:D
The garage door opener looks the same as mine.

Peter

LOL @ Peter. I just bought a new house and moved in a few weeks ago... hence it's still neat and tidy. :D

Do you need to create any new holes in order to mount the shark fin antenna?

Do you need to create any new holes in order to mount the shark fin antenna?
Welcome to the Forum CompanyExplorer.:wavey:
I don't have the shark fin but the answer to your question is NO. It just goes over the existing antenna once the 'pigtail' antenna is removed. The fin has an internal antenna and it is bolted into the same place the small extension was removed from. It is held in place by tape.
There are pictures that were posted of the installation.

Peter

A few pictures for visuals:

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 1,882
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,492
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 1,500

When I email them do they need the actual paint code, or will saying it's white plat tricoat work? If it's by code where do I find it, or better yet can someone share it.;)

Attachments

• P3230324b.jpg
    P3230324b.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,325

When I go to their site for the shark fin, Ford isn't even an option in the manufacturer drop down... What gives???

Email them and they'll get back to you with instructions. Go way back to post #34 :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Love the fin EKY looks like its time to make the switch. Yours looks like a Tuxedo Black EX in the pics. How close does the paint and metallic match? Mine is the same color

Back