Tire brand which is best choice. New To forums. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tire brand which is best choice. New To forums.

Hello. Please forgive me if this posted in wrong location.

In need of tires. I have a 1999 F150 here and im not sure how much longer i will have the truck. Yet tires are bad at this point and need replacing. Money tight, really tight due to family medical issues so I can only do 2 tires at this point. not the ideal situation but the best I can do for now.

$308 (coupon applied) for 2 Futura Scrambler
or
2 Pathfinders for $376.78

I know both aren't the best of tires but which one is the better quality overall.

Thank you so much guys for reading. Have a great week.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you may try to do a price match through Ford or someone else to get tires...

If all else fails, CL is your friend...

you may try to do a price match through Ford or someone else to get tires...

If all else fails, CL is your friend...

Thanks Daniel. So I assume since you didn't give opinion on which brand was better you don't like either?.... I kinda am in a hurry on grabbing tires also as one of them especially is looking really ragged and im a bit concerned. I can see some cracks in the tread with some sliver showing.

Pathfinders seem to be more popular around here. If moneys tight, go with what's cheapest and keep saving up for 4 new tires

You could also look at getting treadwrights. But find someone that'll instal retreads. I had a hard time finding a place to do it

Pathfinders seem to be more popular around here. If moneys tight, go with what's cheapest and keep saving up for 4 new tires

You could also look at getting treadwrights. But find someone that'll instal retreads. I had a hard time finding a place to do it

Thanks... So between the 2 the pathfinders you believe are a better tire? - i guess it comes down to are they worth the extra $76 bucks?... I more than likely wont be keeping this truck for that much longer, but who knows. i just want a set of tires that will work well for some time. So in the end when I can get the other 2 total would be $616.16 for the Futuras or $753.50 for the Pathfinders. Are the Pathfinders worth $137.34 more?... That's the ultimate question at this point.

Like I said if money is tight get whats cheapest. In which case for a brand new tire would be https://www.treadwright.com/individual-product/23/AXIOM-235-85R16.00-E
If you just can't get retreads, I'd go with the futuro. But pathfinders are pretty popular here, probably a better tire. But it's still cheap crap.
Assuming a 235/85r16 is the stock size?

The Pathfinder Sport S A/T tires are made by Kumho, if those are the particular model of Pathfinder.

Plus, if those are the ones, they would be ALOT better in winter compared to the Futura Scrambler.

I think Futura tires are made by Cooper, if that matters.

Thanks guys for all your thoughts. I just got from Discount tire and had the Pathfinders slapped on. Yes they are Kumho. Good thing too, I had 1 tires with the belts showing and the other was beginning to split. The other 2 which need replacing also look pretty darn good for there age and aren't bad and will last a bit still they said. The one tire though wouldn't have lasted long. I couldn't believe how it was beginning to split.

The 2 new tires look great and ride well. The sound I had, sorta a whining sound with the others are gone. They mounted them in the back and im happy with them at this point. Will get the other 2 in a couple of weeks or so.

Thanks again guys for your thoughts. I appreciate it.!!

Welcome to the forum! I have never had either brand. sigma and hercules were the two we always ran on the farm.

As for the noises going away, it is always nice the have new shoes on the rig. Hope things go well for you and you can complete the set.

Welcome to the forum! I have never had either brand. sigma and hercules were the two we always ran on the farm.

As for the noises going away, it is always nice the have new shoes on the rig. Hope things go well for you and you can complete the set.

I see a lot of Sigmas with a lot of miles on the, so they are good for that aspect, Hercules in my opinion are garbage, had a lot of complaints about those. Kelly tires are surprisingly really good, quite, decent tread life, and grip good.

Back