2017 ordering | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 ordering

I get MSRP $48,785 and Average Price Paid $47,708. Doesn't matter which trim I chose or what options I add. Price doesn't change.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Base Sport went up $1,500-2,000. But the big tech package (can't remember if its 401 or 404) went down about the same. They just made more things standard.

Anyone know whats going on at the plant ? Are they building customer order 17s yet

Per OASIS my 2017 was built yesterday.

when did you order?

Around 4/20 or 4/21.

Sure did. I went with Magnetic.
I just saw some of the first 17 Sport's built in Smoked Graphite and you were right they look good but its got too much of a bluish color for me.

Magnetic it is, good call!

I just saw some of the first 17 Sport's built in Smoked Graphite and you were right they look good but its got too much of a bluish color for me.

Magnetic it is, good call!

Have you seen any 2017 Platinum's built? Does Ford build in batches based on model?

I just saw some of the first 17 Sport's built in Smoked Graphite....

Haha, got a way to get some pics of my Limited before it gets released from CAP? :D

All kidding aside, saw the color on the configurator today, and thought for a second I missed out. But all are right, the blue is a bit of a deal breaker with it...

Here are the pics from this week's Smoked Quartz Sport build.

Ford%20Ex%202017%20Sport2.jpg

Ford%20Ex%2017%20Sport1.jpg

Man, the photos don't do it justice. But that's going to be a color that shines up REAL nice...

Hey guys. I'm brand new here. I have also ordered a magnetic platinum on 4/25. My fleet manager says they only can access updates on Wednesday night or Thursday mornings. He says no Vin as of now which is a bummer. Is it possible locating my vehicle if there is a Vin yet aside from my dealer? Thanks.

Sorry - I think it looks awful, especially with the Sport

Ya I kind of agree, Magnetic seems to be my favorite now after 3 black Explorers.

I ordered my 2017 Explorer last week in May....... Still no Vin # ......... Hate this wait........

I ordered my 2017 Explorer last week in May....... Still no Vin # ......... Hate this wait........
Ordered 2017 Platinum on 4/26/16. Just received scheduling report from dealer assigned build week is 7/25/16 !!! Seems like a long time - 3 months after order before it is even built.

I'm salty my dealer who happens to be the fleet manager can't find anything out for me. The wait. Especially with my 14 grand Cherokee 2k out of warranty, having the air condition go on and off.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm salty my dealer who happens to be the fleet manager can't find anything out for me. The wait. Especially with my 14 grand Cherokee 2k out of warranty, having the air condition go on and off.
You're salty?:D

Peter

Back