• Register Today It's free!

Storing music?

Chris-74

Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer XLT
Does anyone know if Sync 3 has built in storage capability for music? Ie can you plug a flash drive into the USB port, dump the songs onto Sync, then play the music without the flash drive having to stay plugged in?

Picked up my '17 Explorer XLT yesterday. 4x4, appearance package (love the suede seats!), tech package, moonroof, in shadow black. Wife says it looks like a gangster's car, I say it looks like a police interceptor :laugh: Either way, it's badass looking.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does anyone know if Sync 3 has built in storage capability for music? Ie can you plug a flash drive into the USB port, dump the songs onto Sync, then play the music without the flash drive having to stay plugged in?

Picked up my '17 Explorer XLT yesterday. 4x4, appearance package (love the suede seats!), tech package, moonroof, in shadow black. Wife says it looks like a gangster's car, I say it looks like a police interceptor :laugh: Either way, it's badass looking.
I don't know off hand but if it does, it should be mentioned in the Owner's Manual.

Peter

Yeah, no mention of it in the manual, but my father in law told me his '14 Mustang with My Ford Touch has built in media storage. I kind of assumed they would keep that feature in Sync 3.

No it does not have built in music storage.

You have two USB ports, try putting a flash drive in the one inside the console storage compartment and plug your phone into the lighter socket with adapter......no Apple car play And a giant 10gb flash drive for music

Back