My 91 Sport | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 91 Sport

Would love to change mine to those round headlights

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Would love to change mine to those round headlights

FB_IMG_1486766992119.jpg

FB_IMG_1486766992119.jpg

LOVE the look! Any movement on conversion parts?

Your timing is good, I have been working on the headlights again. Winters in Minnesota are a great time to work on projects. This winter I installed a Holley/Weiand 174 blower with air/water intercooler and have that just about wrapped up. Here are some pics.

I will post more on the headlights as soon as I can. Probably a couple months.

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

I bet that thing is a blast to drive!

I bet that thing is a blast to drive!

I hope so! I won't drive it until we have had at least 2 good rainy days after the last day they salt the roads. Probably a month from now....

Does the air cleaner fit under the hood? I guess it has to. It just looks close.

:) Glad you like them!

I just got back from my holiday vacation and plan to get to work on the kits ASAP. The nice part about taking a vacation is it gave me some time to think of some easier ways to build the kit and make it even easier to install. It may take a while but I hope to have something ready by Spring.
sorry to necropost, but VERY interested in this, I dont need the adapter, as both of my headlight connectors dry rotted in half, but I am for sure interested in the brackets, on mine I am planning to put in a 7" round HID kit and mount the turn signals in the front bumper.

Edit: also I dropped a link to this in Ford ranger nation and people probably will be interested in this as there are no aftermarket headlights available for this body style and nobody seems to like the headlights on these.

Back