TPMS band sensor | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TPMS band sensor

likibow

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
ST Limited V8 2007
Hello there, I'm having a bit of trouble with my band tpms sensors I bought them used from ebay, mounted them and did the relearn procedure with the ford tpms tool the light goes away saying tires trained, once i turn off the ignition and turn it on again the light comes back and starts blinking, took them of and pulled the batteries out and check the voltage all of them are giving me 3V, i have FORSCAN but no tpms module code shows up any guess what could it be? thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You may have jobber sensors. you shouldn't be able to access the batteries on OEM sensors. They are non serviceable and waxed into the sensor on the band side.

I replaced with compatible stem sensors from auto parts store (315MHz) - no issues
also bought Autel 315MHz sensors later for another set of rims (need programming tool, cloned sensors) worked fine also
the band sensors were working out to be very expensive with all the things required for install

I did the same with my winter rims. I have a set of orange electric stem sensors. I have also replaced 1 of the band sensors that died with an ebay special 2 years ago, and its still running strong.

Tech by trade do you know if higher psi than factory recomends would trigger the light? I changed my tires for bigger ones 285/75/20 and they have 40psi since i had to changed them i bought ebay fomoco oem band sensors and put them in when changing tires

Pretty sure the default is set when you program the sensor. So you air up the tire, pair the tire, and then you have + or - 5 lbs from the set point until it triggers the alarm.

well since i had them of the tires i did a pvc pipe bomb to test with different psi but still the same result, display says "TIRES TRAINED" a minute later the light starts blinking, i bought blue sensors they sent me black I checked the blue and black are the same, the green ones are for higher psi but still don't know if that matters in my case

Humm, very interesting. I run 40lbs in my tires and have never run into an issue. It must be on the receiving end then if you have tried multiple sensors without a change in symptoms. Cant help you with that one.

Back