• Register Today It's free!

Livernois Lowering spring install

Skullcandy

Reaction score
City, State
Camden NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer PIU
Got the Livenois lowering springs and installed them on new Monroe front struts and put new motorcraft rear shocks in on my PIU. Love the look and feel!

2874D8F0-666F-424C-AC31-28A23E57FF8E_zpsjw6o60jg.jpg

Before

20FDB7C1-A9E5-42FE-ACE0-1AD303638001_zps52lgpexd.jpg

After

IMG_5440_zpsvzhqlw70.jpg

IMG_5437_zpsxsjteqps.jpg

IMG_5436_zpsqldkusm9.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hard to tell the difference from your pictures, as they aren't the same perspective.

Did you by any chance take any ride height measurements - front and rear, before and after?

If so, did it match with what Livernois specs (-1.6" FR, -2.3" RR)? I seem to recall other posts here where people put lowering springs on and claimed they only got about half the indicated drop.

Did you get adj. camber bolts in your kit? Did you need them to get the alignment in spec?

Hey just wanted to help answer some questions on it. So all kits should come with the needed camber bolts. And yes you will need to get an alignment. Sometimes on new springs you have to give them time to settle in before you reach certain ride heights. But besides that you should be about at our specs. If you guys have any other questions let me know my name is Jake thank you

I have not taken it in for an alignment yet.

I wish I would have done before and after measurements.

Hard to tell the difference from your pictures, as they aren't the same perspective.

Did you by any chance take any ride height measurements - front and rear, before and after?

If so, did it match with what Livernois specs (-1.6" FR, -2.3" RR)? I seem to recall other posts here where people put lowering springs on and claimed they only got about half the indicated drop.

Did you get adj. camber bolts in your kit? Did you need them to get the alignment in spec?

Hey just wanted to help answer some questions on it. So all kits should come with the needed camber bolts. And yes you will need to get an alignment. Sometimes on new springs you have to give them time to settle in before you reach certain ride heights. But besides that you should be about at our specs. If you guys have any other questions let me know my name is Jake thank you

New to the forum, do you have a link to the lowering kit?

Welcome to the Forum Josh.:wave:

Peter

I guess I should have looked at the pics more closely. Are those just repacked H&R 51630s with the H&R part # and logo still on them?

Seriously?

That I don’t know. Maybe Livernois has H&R make springs for them. ‍♂️

The spring kit that H&R makes and sells for the explorer is their part # 51630. I know it is common for shops to repack/rebrand other manufacturers products "as their own" and typically charge a premium when doing so, but I guess I wrongly assumed shops that did that took steps to "conceal" the origination of said parts.

Otherwise, why not just re-sell them as H&R springs instead of advertising them as if they were a Livernois product? I'm not necessarily looking for an answer from OP - more just opining to myself...

They do come with rear camber bolts as well.

But, are the camber bolts necessary to get alignment?

If not, I can get the h&r kit for about 60-70 less.

If yes, I can get the rear camber bolts for 15.

Assuming springs are same, h&r branded are less expensive and the savings will pay for my alignment.

If livernois springs are different, I'd love to hear what is different and why they're better than the h&rs.

I did not do any research before going with these. This is my first Explorer and I had been looking at Livernois for tuning and just came across the springs so I jumped on them.

Back