2017 Ford Explorer Sport stock exhaust | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 Ford Explorer Sport stock exhaust

David Hardy

Reaction score
City, State
Brillion
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Ford Explorer Sport
So I have a quick exhaust question. While I was on the ground installing my Weatherguard mud flaps I noticed that my Explorer has a true dual exhaust front to back? It isn't a stainless system and there is no badging on it. If I had to guess it is a stock system. I did a little searching and from what I'm seeing stock should be one exhaust pipe back to the rear axle and then splits to the exit pipes. Any help would be appreciated.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I have a quick exhaust question. While I was on the ground installing my Weatherguard mud flaps I noticed that my Explorer has a true dual exhaust front to back? It isn't a stainless system and there is no badging on it. If I had to guess it is a stock system. I did a little searching and from what I'm seeing stock should be one exhaust pipe back to the rear axle and then splits to the exit pipes. Any help would be appreciated.....
You should have a Y pipe. I do, and mines a Base.

Sorry for the crappy pics but it's the best I can do for now...

20190602_211703.jpg

20190602_211655.jpg

if you have the turbo, your pics are the correct exhaust.

I have 2 downpipes and what im assuming is a resonator/crossover can with true dual exhaust. I'll have do do some better checking and see if I can find either OEM numbers or an aftermarket nameplate....

Sport and Platinum trim levels come with Ecoboost V6 engines and are equipped with a true dual exhaust system. When I took delivery of my 2016 Platinum, I set it up on my lift before it got dirty and snapped some photos to show the seldom-seen underbelly of the vehicle. The dual exhaust system is very visible. You can see my photos in this online album:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/9964408@N07/8V2f45

@Exit32 ,

Is that a Bug Eye Sprite in your Avitar?

Avatar pictures are small on this site so it was hard to tell.

Still nice car.

Does anyone know how important that strapped on heat shield piece is on the pipe that's on the right side of the picture? Mine fell off in the driveway!
Just a note, this is not a picture of my car, I found it elsewhere in the forums and I'm using it to describe the shield that fell off.

Back