Quiet Exhaust

Fish18

Reaction score
City, State
Troy, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Ford Explorer sport
Hello,

I just bought a 2018 Explorer Sport. It has full exhaust from the turbos back. It has the Livernois or Corsa full exhaust system. I want to buy a stock exhaust system but I have been told that it's on a national backorder with no end in sight...Can anyone point me in the right direction? I want it as quiet as stock. Is there a muffler out there that I can swap the Corsa out for? Or is a custom exhaust in the cards?

Thank you for any input.

Brian

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Brian. You can always post a Wanted Ad in our For Sale sub-forum. Unfortunately, a member had a complete 2018 Sport OEM exhaust system for sale but ended up scrapping it because of no interest. Perhaps a muffler shop can advise what you may need for your purpose. Good luck.

Peter

Maybe you can check the current muffler specs and find a 'parts store' one that fits the space and swap them out keeping everything else the same.
Otherwise, maybe junkyard?

does walker make a quietflo for that?

Thanks all for the feedback. I will check the wanted sub-forum and reach out to shops that may have some specifications near or close to stock parameters.

Thanks again,

Brian

Fix4Dirt: this one?

I would need a 2.5 inlet and outlet to be a perfect mate to the Livernois exhaust piping.
yes thats the one! those are really noce and quiet! if they make one for yours if you want quiet thats the way to go

thanks a ton!

Brian
ill be honest from the limited experience ive had with hearing them in person (im a borla guy :p) they seem as wuiet if not more quiet than OE imo

yes thats the one! those are really noce and quiet! if they make one for yours if you want quiet thats the way to go
Anyone know which one to get? lol, there are multiple and I have no clue which to go with. I know I need the 2.5in inlet and outlet, and the quietflo, but other than that, I am lost.

Anyone know which one to get? lol, there are multiple and I have no clue which to go with. I know I need the 2.5in inlet and outlet, and the quietflo, but other than that, I am lost.
since you know sizing then look at your current one. is it center then offset? or center center? etc. do you have a picture of the setuo?

ill be honest from the limited experience ive had with hearing them in person (im a borla guy :p) they seem as wuiet if not more quiet than OE imo
Yeah, I get it. I used to like the sound but I am getting older and I do not like giving it full throttle anymore because I feel I can be heard for miles and miles away. Besides, I have aftermarket downpipes which I am sure add to the sound level. With downpipes, I can hear the turbos spooling and that's what I want to hear most... :)

Yeah, I get it. I used to like the sound but I am getting older and I do not like giving it full throttle anymore because I feel I can be heard for miles and miles away. Besides, I have aftermarket downpipes which I am sure add to the sound level. With downpipes, I can hear the turbos spooling and that's what I want to hear most... :)
whooooooopshhhhhhhhhh 😂😂😂 love turbo noise! still young, so still like some sound :p dont worry cant hear it feom
10 miles away and its nice and tame at idle and low theottle only when you step on it does it scream. but when it screams it screams! not obnoxiously loud though (imo)

since you know sizing then look at your current one. is it center then offset? or center center? etc. do you have a picture of the setuo?
Great point! yes, both the inlet and outlet piping are centered on the muffler...

do you know if stock exhaist is the same way?

it doesnt appear as if there is a quiet flow for your application, unfortunately.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back