I'm new here and i need help please . My 2010 Explorer won't start | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I'm new here and i need help please . My 2010 Explorer won't start

Ahmed Fadel

Reaction score
City, State
Riyadh
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Hi guys. Happy to be here.

I need help please.

My 2010 Explorer i'm using it as a second owner till now . it's condition very good with no problem.Very good motor .

Just yesterday i parked it with all thing normal. Today morning i tried to start it to go to work but it wont' to start.

The battery all good and all lights are normal. And the motor starter is working but it dosent turn on.

this is a link for the videos.

Please help me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like it is 4.0 v6.
What are the codes ? I see check engine light on.
Could be the fuel pump but from the sound of it could be also that the timing chain(s)jumped.

Looks like it is 4.0 v6.
What are the codes ? I see check engine light on.
Could be the fuel pump but from the sound of it could be also that the timing chain(s)jumped.

Thanks for the reply. And yes it's 4.0 v6.

And there's no error code . I already connected it with forscan and showing just minor error like lights.

IMG_20190716_193635.jpg

Hmm ....
Looks like the CEL is staying on while cranking. There should be a code I believe. if not, disconnect the fuel line and see if you are getting fuel to the engine. Just put a gauge or if you don't have one, put the end in an empty bottle and crank.

Hello my friend.

Could you please tell me how i can locate fuel line from the engine connectors (or you mean the one after the fuel filter under the car). I can't know where is it (You can mark to me on the image).

upload_2019-7-17_10-38-23.png

Also would you tel me what "CEL" is refer to ?

Sorry but i have a limited knowledge in this specific car. And it's only one year old with me and without any previous problems and i appreciate your help.

Thank you very much

It should be on the drivers side under the intake manifold.
CEL = Check Engine Light

I am more familiar with my v8 but I would imagine the fuel supply line comes on the same side, which is the driver side and then there is a crossover tube under the manifold to the passenger side injectors.
Watch some of the youtubes videos with keywords "Ford 4.0 SOHC fuel" like this one.
Any video involving an Explorer from 02-10 with the 4.0 should be similar.

Good luck

PS: Is the red light on the dashboard blinking ? Maybe you have a security issue.
Check also the red fuel supply safety breaker in the passenger leg area on the side.

If the engine turns, but won't start, check for spark, fuel, and air. Those are the basics.

If all three are present, then it's time to dig. Do a compression test on a cylinder from each side. No compression will mean the timing chain(s) have jumped, which the 4.0 is notorious for at higher mileages.

Also, as above, if you have an engine light there IS an issue, which will be found via code retrieval software.

Here's a question; when you crank it over, does it turn over abnormally fast, with a noise, or slow and laboriously?

It's been my experience with the 4.0 that when the timing is out due to failure of timing components, it will crank fast, and usually have some noise.

No fuel pressure will also crank faster than normal but otherwise sound normal.

Hope this helps a bit. :)

Thank you very much my friends.

I'm really really appreciate your help.

I tried everything and at the end i called a mechanical at the site. He also tried some attempts then he tried to give it fuel directly through the air throttle. And it worked.

So it was obviously the fuel pump.

And we could take it out of the garage then to the workshop. Were he changed the fuel pump and the fuel filter.

And everything is good

I'm very happy to know you guys. Really appreciate your help.

Have a great day

Back