2013 Explorer Keyless Entry Not Working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer Keyless Entry Not Working

Dylan2955

Reaction score
City, State
Statesboro, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
This problem has just started and is very on and off.

Sometimes I'll walk up to the car and I cannot lock or unlock by touching the handle. The car seems to be acting like it's in sleep mode or something.

As soon as I press the unlock button on the key fob I can go back to touching the door to unlock, then it works fine for days

Any ideas

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does the passenger door handle have the same problem? Are you able to unlock the door with the Securicode keypad? How long did the vehicle sit without being used when this happened?

Peter

Does the passenger door handle have the same problem? Are you able to unlock the door with the Securicode keypad? How long did the vehicle sit without being used when this happened?

Peter

Happened this morning after driving it last night. Battery is less than a year old too fyi.

Both doors and trunk failed to work. I'll try keypad tomorrow.

Fyi it does still have power because I can see the dashcam is still on

Did it again this morning. Keypad worked fine.

Maybe the battery is just getting low?

Did it again this morning. Keypad worked fine.

Maybe the battery is just getting low?
It might be an idea to get the battery tested. If it is the battery it would be strange since you mentioned that once you get it working, it will be good for several days. Having said that, a weak battery can cause all kinds of strange things to happen in these Explorers. It would be a good first step.

Peter

Back