New Appreciation for 5th Gens - Newbie in the Market | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Appreciation for 5th Gens - Newbie in the Market

Question, if anyone is out there.

Does anyone know if I can haggle a CPO to not be CPO, especially if I'm looking into the ESP?? Could a dealer even do this and would they even reduce the price?

Interesting question. If a vehicle is advertised as CPO then it has already gone through the required procedures/inspections to advertise it as such. When buying a CPO vehicle I believe the warranty is automatically included. It isn't something you pay extra for as far as I know and the costs that were associated with certifying it are included. You can still purchase an ESP for it regardless. If it is something that you are planning on doing, please post the outcome. Thanks.

Peter

I had a 2000 Explorer Eddie Bauer, upgraded to a 2012 Limited (quite the jump!), then just recently upgraded to a 2017 Sport. WOW! The extra power in the sport seems like it should be standard. I always thought my 2012 seemed like a slug. Now I really enjoy driving my 17 Sport. It's got ~37k on it and paid right around 30k. That's about average around here.
I do love the new Sync3 as well. Love the Android integration too.
It's funny you mention a trip to Colorado as your "whoa" moment with that Sport. It was also a "whoa" moment for me with my nonsport last summer. I found out how little power the 3.5NA seems to have in a vehicle that big. Another trip to Dallas, TX earlier this year was the nail in the coffin. Ended up trading my 3.5NA for the 3.5TT shortly after I returned from that trip.
I also drive a 2012 Fusion Sport with the 3.5NA. *thumbs up* Power to weight is about the same on both of them now, so I'm much happier.

Back