Can Signature Lights be Brightened? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can Signature Lights be Brightened?

Gilbert M Vega

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 black Explorer Sport
I have a 2018 Sport and just noticed that the eyebrow light above the headlight doesn't have a row of leds as I've seen on other cars. It appears to have an led on each end of the eyebrow and is not readily visible during the day (drl's on). Is this correct?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2018 Sport and just noticed that the eyebrow light above the headlight doesn't have a row of leds as I've seen on other cars. It appears to have an led on each end of the eyebrow and is not readily visible during the day (drl's on). Is this correct?
When you say "as I've seen on other cars" are you referring to other 2018 Sports? The Signature Light should be a solid light from one end to the other. This is from my 2017. I'm guessing that the 2018 should be the same. If not, then take it to the dealer. I have noticed that when the DRL is on that the Signature Light is not as noticeable. I've never checked to see if it dims in that case or not. Does yours look the same without the DRL on as mine?

Peter

Signature.JPG

Yes, it looks the same. What I meant to say is that others cars, Chevy, etc, the lights above the headlight are very visible during the daylight.
My wife was following me in the Ex yesterday and I could barely barely tell they were on in the daylight.

Yes, it looks the same. What I meant to say is that others cars, Chevy, etc, the lights above the headlight are very visible during the daylight.
My wife was following me in the Ex yesterday and I could barely barely tell they were on in the daylight.
I believe from what I've seen, that that it is normal.

This can be recoded to have them full bright at all times

Phil

Can Signature LED Be Brightened?

Does anyone has figured out how to recode with FORSCAN the right module to make the LED strips brighter at all time?
Attempted a DIY posted on youtube but it does not work for the explorer o_O
Thx

Phil

This can be recoded to have them full bright at all times

Phil

:feedback: This is the kind of answer that bothers me. Please explain HOW or give more details....

I'm also interested in making the signature lights brighter because I don't really want to run the DRL bulbs all day long but still want that nice bright LED look in the daytime.
I've downloaded FORSCAN and the spreadsheets and I've looked at most of the tabs but haven't found anything promising.

One member was able to change his Signature Lights to full bright using FORScan. Not sure where he posted but a 'Search' may find it.

Peter

To have this, then you have to manually turn on the headlights though right? As the only way to have only signature lights is to turn everything off. I'd like to have just the signature lights as well but not at the expense of losing auto headlights.

I changed my signature (halo) lights to be DRLs with FORScan.

I had to turn off the DRL selection on my left IPC.

Then I changed them to be full bright all the time with FORScan.

FORScan changes:

New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

I'd be glad to help with any questions.

I've looked into FORScan and there is nowhere that I see that allows the signature lighting to be brightened. I even looked more into the "Signature Lighting" itself and it appears that it's not meant to be as bright as most vehicles on the road today. It's only a few LEDs that have light running through a tube. If anyone says they have made theirs brighter, I would love to see a picture and which block they made the update to in FORScan.
Also, I played around with lights, turning auto lights off, on, etc and the signature lighting never changes brightness.

I changed mine to be full bright with headlights on as stated in that clip of that sheet in my link above.

And honestly you may be correct.

I will check how mine work when I get back in town.

Or maybe there is a FORScan change that I have not seen that can do this. I'll look now.

When I originally started looking around, my goal was to turn my DRL led headlamps off and just have the signature lighting on and try to brighten it. But after much reading, I have learned that it's only a few led's that power it and it's not meant to be a DRL type light. I'm looking into LED strips now because I do like the signature lighting, just wish it was as bright as most other cars on the road.

I have downloaded FORScan and have a bluetooth scanner (not sure if it will even work, had it before I even knew about FORScan) but I haven't gotten my hands dirty with it yet.

That is how my set up is working now. Signature lights (halos) are my DRLs. The led headlamps are off and only the Signature (halos) are on when I put the EXP in gear.

I will check the brightness of them during the day and take some pics.

I think my set up is what you're looking for.

That is how my set up is working now. Signature lights (halos) are my DRLs. The led headlamps are off and only the Signature (halos) are on when I put the EXP in gear.

I will check the brightness of them during the day and take some pics.

I think my set up is what you're looking for.

And this is with the headlights set to auto mode?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The signature lights always seem to be on, no matter what as long as the car is running. I've even locked my car and walked away and noticed they were still on (in daytime) for about 15-30 seconds. I don't think auto or the DRL setting have anything to do with the signature lighting.

I am very interested in those daytime pictures though. I would love if I could brighten them.
They do look great at nighttime though.

Back