Can Dashboard Warning Lights Be Checked? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can Dashboard Warning Lights Be Checked?

Skapr1

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2007 Eddie Bauer 4.0 .. Is there a way to easily check if all the indicator lights are working? I'd like to know if they are all properly functioning. Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes you can. Its called engineering test mode mode.
Press and hold the reset button and turn the car to run release the button after it says engineering test mode. Then you can cycle through different tests and info by pressing reset.
You can also start the car and it will stay up. To exit turn off the ignition.

Thanks for the reply Rcflyer330. I'm gonna check it out tomorrow.

or just turn on the car. All lights should illuminate for a few seconds. If it doesn't light up, the bulb for that light is burnt out. Check you manual for what lights should be there... Thats the entire reason they all light up when you first start the car, so that you can tell they are working....

or just turn on the car. All lights should illuminate for a few seconds. If it doesn't light up, the bulb for that light is burnt out. Check you manual for what lights should be there... Thats the entire reason they all light up when you first start the car, so that you can tell they are working....

This is not entirely correct for the model I was asking about.

I am having an issue with the O/D on my vehicle and that light does not illuminate by just merely turning the key to the on position. A few of them only work when a feature is being used (speed control is another for instance).

O/D off, speed control, 4x4, etc aren't warning lights, as specified in the thread title....

That's odd.. 2007 Explorer Owner's Guide (page 12), Instrument Cluster, Warning Lights and Chimes Chapter refers to both types of instrument clusters and shows all the possible indicator light options.

I was assuming that everyone knew what I was talking about. My guess from your response is that some people don't know when turning the ignition key to the on position will illuminate some of the instrument cluster lights.

By the way, thanks again to Rcflyer330 for pointing me in the right direction. Your post contained the information I was seeking!

Glad to hear that it helped.

Back