Junkyard Score! EX Superlift Kit! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Junkyard Score! EX Superlift Kit!

I bought this bumper like 2 years ago after seeing a member on here use the same one on his Ex. After the lift and tires are on then it will be time to finally put it on.

Smittybuilt.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think that will be the one I get when I go 33's. Those look awesome and look like they will be great in the rocks

I couldn't pass on the buy 3 get one free and free shipping!

Thanks, I grew up around to many Mennonite people who would brush paint everything shiny on their cars black, including hub caps.

I think that's why I don't like black wheels...lol

we have mennonites all over these hills talk about back woods hillbilies
My kind of people!
Tires look great cant wait to see the bumper
Nice color on those steelies

Update....
The new SkyJacker 6'' Ranger springs came in today!

love new parts!!!!!!!! Early Christmas for you

Too much talk. I need installed pics of your X soon. Did I mention I have add? Lol

Too much talk...lol

It will be spring till I install this stuff.....I think.

I'm still gathering stuff, like this.
Spring Under U-Bolt Plates

Gunna give those a try and remount my shocks somewhere. I thought about a bolt flip with the nuts on top but I like the simplicity of those plates.

I got a box of lift parts ready to blast and get powder coated. I need to order some steel and make some skid plates and who knows what else. I do want to make some skid plates for the torsion bar mounts that replace the cover and angle to the frame like \-/ but more gradual. Plus I want to remake the Superlift front skid plate that's no longer available. But mine will be stiffer and bolt on better from what I have seen in old pictures.

The lift parts will be coated in this hammer tone grey that I did my valve covers in.

I'm not going to powder coat the knuckles, too many places to tape off. They will be blasted and just spray painted black and the new leaves will get a coat of black as well.

for the knuckles you could mask with anything then pull the masking just as the powder flows out, or, wipe the powder off the areas you don't want coated before moving to the oven if you shoot the powder while cold. The only real areas of concern are ball joint tapers and brake caliper bracket surfaces. silicone plugs, fiberglass tape or even toilet paper rolls can be used. Just my cup o tea.

I hear you but my guy is basically free but he don't do all that. I could pretape them off but I don't have high temp tape and spray bomb is fine for me.

Post Christmas update,

I dug out the MIG today and welded up those Ruff Stuff U Bolt Plates.

How they come.

I tacked the ends of the seems then went full boogie.

These things are pretty nice, they are bent very well and seem heavy enough to do the job. Now I got to find u bolts that are threaded about the whole way up to the bend.

I own everything needed to do a SAS but I decided not to do this one.

Update.....

Everything I had cleaned up so far got Powder coated today.

This bracket got 3 new gussets added to it after reading a thread about a guy who bent his.

The front bump stop extenders got cut down 1 1/4'' because the aftermarket bump stops I found are that much longer then the factory units. And they have a larger diameter so that's why the bottom plate is wider and longer then it was originally.

I just have the main control arm brackets to clean up yet but I am waiting on my 3/16'' plate to show up to make a skid plate for them before I clean them up.

My steel came in for my rear bumper and skid plate.

The plate is just 3/16'' and the 2x4 and 2x2 is only 1/8''. The last thing I want is a heavy bumper that probably wont get used that hard. I just want to make something that don't hang out from the body or hang low.

I had to steal Starkmans rear bumper pic.

This is what I'm going for, simple and easy.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Swigin thats a full superlift kit you recovered from the junk yard? It fits the torsion bar 4wd explorers in the front end? I have an 01 2dr sport (01 to 03 2dr body style) which is pretty much identical to the 01 to 05 sport tracs from the front doors foward. And the 01 to 03 2dr Sport suspension is pretty much the same as the 2nd gen 4dr I think. Do you know what the Superlift Part number is for your kit? Im just looking for a front end kit with shocks for my 01 Sport. Eventually Ill ditch the torsion bars and swap in coilovers but for now Im just trying to find the proper Superlift part number for a front end kit that will fit my truck preferably with shocks. What length shocks are you going with in the front? And do you have any updated pics sofar?

Back