Question about Open filter setups on SOHCs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question about Open filter setups on SOHCs

Magicfan25

Reaction score
City, State
Central FL and WPB Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport SOHC
I just dont wanna pay $100+ for a kit with a $40 filter and probably $5 worth of brackets. Can someone take pics of the adapter for the filter to the massair, and whatever is used to hold the filter up in place? Also is there anything else needed other than an adapter to the MassAir, clamp for the filter and support to keep the filter from sagging? I have access to some aluminum pieces and the stuff needed to make this work. Or if anyone is in the Orlando area and would like meet up somewhere and let me look it over in person that would be cool too. Thanks guys!

My KKM hooks up directly to the MAF without any brackets and is secured by a hose clamp. There is only one support bracket that is about six inches long, L shaped metal. That's pretty much it. This is on my Ranger but I'm sure it's pretty identical to your Ex.

Oh', I 'd take some pics for ya but my friggin truck is still at the dealer, a week and a half now, waiting for the parts to fix the damned T/C rattle.

hmm.... if thats the case I'll look when I change my oil Saturday. I can whip up a bracket in 10 minutes. This could be good.... If its that easy I think its time to figure out some kind of ram air... I need to look at what kinda of K&N cone filter I can get that now has the filtered bit on the cap.

Back