Whitest Headlights | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Whitest Headlights

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by 2K1Xplorer
Sylvania SilverStars, are no brighter, or whiter than the Sylvania CoolBlues. I are the same bulbs!! Luckily I got my money back. And the battle continues!

I am going to have to strongly disagree. You especially should notice a difference because you have a pretty good headlight design, as opposed to my gen 2.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had them both in side by side, no difference!!

Agree with 2k1xplorer.....sometimes droppin 50 bucks makes you think they are brighter...I know I tried to think that....didnt work.

To add fuel to the fire ... I'm in the SilverStar camp. Compared to the regular old standard bulbs, these SilverStars rock. I haven't adjusted my headlights or anything (I just had them re-adjusted per the dealer 2K miles ago), and I get flashed once in awhile. I love 'em!

But be warned, there's something wrong with the X's headlight reflectors. I put the SilverStars in my wife's Malibu, and it was a night and day difference! In the X, it's only a dusk to day difference.

Oh well, I love 'em and you can't beat that price!

Ry.

For a while I had the Silverstar and PIAA superwhites bulbs in my headlights at the same time and I truly felt the that the PIAA bulb was brighter. I'm just a little annoyed that the PIAA didn't last at least a year before burning out. I now have the Stars in both headlights and they do not light up my garage door they way the PIAA's did. Oh well, I have my Maxima's HID Xenons to console me. :D

--mark

CB vs SS.JPG

On the left Cool Blues on the right SilverStars, as you clearly see, THEY ARE THE SAME BULB.

How do you figuer that? They do not appear to be the same to me........

ok the SliverStars have a sliver tip.

How can you say that they are the same simply because they have the same shape.

Any manufacturer would try to use existing parts whenever such as the housing. It the innards that count.

The bulb color is the same and so is the wattage. I put one SliverStar in and I couldn't see anydiffence in color, brightness, angle, shape, nothing. They have got to be the same.

I tested the Silverstar against several other bulbs including the one you mentioned and found the Silverstars brighter/whiter. not a whole lot, but definately whiter.

I know, forget Silverstars or PIAA's just go with Phillips HID conversion kit that will kick some major ass.

just another vote for the silverstars.. my girlfriend went with me to get them, and even used her small little hands to unscrew that damn black thing for me, and after tonites rainstorm in houston, lemme say, thank heaven for silverstars. my lows are an incredible white lite now, the difference is amazing, and i was surprised to find that i still have highs... that are VERY bright, oh well, pleasant surprises, by far teh best $50 ive spent on the X so far, highly recommened.

(just a side note, when i pulled my stock lights, i noticed their 'birthdate' to be nov 96, pretty damn impressive that those stock silvanyas lasted 76,x.. miles, heres to hoping for another 76K out of these)

I have Cool Blues, as I have said before. I think I found the best way to at least make your headlights "look" whiter. I put a pair of those yellow ion driving lights on my X, now my headlights look nice and white! :)

2k1xplorer

the silverstars are rated 60/70 watts.
NOT the standard 55/60.

this does not make them as bright as the rising sun, it does however make them brighter than the 55/60 "cool blues".

these lights are great!

have you tried them? [a complete pair that is]

i am on my second pair [because i traded explorers], these are the brightest dot aproved light i know about.

i am not trashing piaa lights, but these are cheaper and seem to last longer.

don't knock them until you try them.

peter

I have had the silverstars for a few months now and they are good. If you are going for a brighter headlight than stock than the PIAA's or silverstars will do the job. My silverstars are definatley bright and do the job quite well, but I'm sorry, they're just not that white. My friend has the PIAA's in his 4runner and they are definately white. My silverstars may be brighter than his, but he's got me beat in the whitness. I don't really care though cuz I don't have clear corners or anything and my hella's are yellow anyway.

hey people. i bought my 9007 and 9005 silverstars for my x today, but the 9005s wont fit in my fog lamp housing because they are too wide. what piaa h1's are the closest color to the silverstars? the extreme ehite, extreme white plus, or the superwhites? thanks abunch.

-kenny :usa:

Back