Sylvania zXe vs. PIAA Xtreme White vs. Phillips Diamond Vision | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sylvania zXe vs. PIAA Xtreme White vs. Phillips Diamond Vision

OK so if you dont want to run HID's, which bulbs are the Best? Links please to the best place to buy um.
Iv learned my times that if there not OEM HID's, forget it!

I have the sylvania silver star ultras in my wife's honda pilot and they're much better than stock.
Only thing though is if you're Canadian disable the DRL's (which run on the headlights) and get yourself a separate DRL LED kit. I used the Philips LED DayLight 4 kit. Was easy to install and looks great, about $90 on Amazon.
With DRL's running on the headlamps all the time these and other similar bulbs won't last more than 1 year!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the sylvania silver star ultras in my wife's honda pilot and they're much better than stock.
Only thing though is if you're Canadian disable the DRL's (which run on the headlights) and get yourself a separate DRL LED kit. I used the Philips LED DayLight 4 kit. Was easy to install and looks great, about $90 on Amazon.
With DRL's running on the headlamps all the time these and other similar bulbs won't last more than 1 year!

Is there anyway you can post some pics of Philips LEDs? Was wondering if they get washed out in the sun. I'm trying to decide the location, whether next to the fogs or up around grille-headlight assy. I have seen some 6 LEDs on Amazon but didn't know if 4 LEDs was bright enough in the sun, we are limited on space to mount them.

Thanks,tinner

Is there anyway you can post some pics of Philips LEDs? Was wondering if they get washed out in the sun. I'm trying to decide the location, whether next to the fogs or up around grille-headlight assy. I have seen some 6 LEDs on Amazon but didn't know if 4 LEDs was bright enough in the sun, we are limited on space to mount them.

Thanks,tinner

The Philips 4 LED on on my Wife's pilot so would do you know good for a location to put on an Explorer. I also have a second kit for my explorer, just haven't put them on yet because of the cold winter.

The LED is very bright (can almost use them as headlights), and does not get washed out in the sun. There is another post with an owner showing the Philips DRL kit installed and looks really cool. Do a search on Philips
LED DRL and you'll find it.

The one other point I will make is the 4LED kit turns completely off when the headlights come on, whereas the 5 or 6 LED kit "Dims" when the headlights come on.
I wish I had got the 5/6 kit where it dims as they look cool running at night but not they way dimmed down and not super bright like a headlight to blind people

Thanks,tinner
Have you checked out the following thread?

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322848&highlight=DRL+LED

Peter

The Philips 4 LED on on my Wife's pilot so would do you know good for a location to put on an Explorer. I also have a second kit for my explorer, just haven't put them on yet because of the cold winter.

The LED is very bright (can almost use them as headlights), and does not get washed out in the sun. There is another post with an owner showing the Philips DRL kit installed and looks really cool. Do a search on Philips
LED DRL and you'll find it.

The one other point I will make is the 4LED kit turns completely off when the headlights come on, whereas the 5 or 6 LED kit "Dims" when the headlights come on.
I wish I had got the 5/6 kit where it dims as they look cool running at night but not they way dimmed down and not super bright like a headlight to blind people

Thanks Motoarzan, My bad, thought you installed LEDs on your Ex. Do you think any of the 4,5,or 6 LEDs Phillips would fit in the grille slots above or below the chrome cross trim?

Need to get on Phillips site to see if it gives the HxLxD dims. of their products.

tinner

Thanks Motoarzan, My bad, thought you installed LEDs on your Ex. Do you think any of the 4,5,or 6 LEDs Phillips would fit in the grille slots above or below the chrome cross trim?

Need to get on Phillips site to see if it gives the HxLxD dims. of their products.

Thanks, tinner

Go to the link on the post above. on page 4 and 5 there are pics showing a couple locations of the Philips DRL mounting. He used a 5LED I believe.

As far as mounting up higher in between the chrome strips in the grill I can tell you as I have the Sport with a different grill which I know doesn't have the depth to mount the DRL's inside those channels. In the summer I would be mounting mine lower where it's clear.

Just google the product get the dimensions and then go out ad measure on your vehicle.

Aftermarket Lighting

Hey guys and gals,

New to the forum, I'm a Superduty Diesel owner, just picked up my wife a '15 Sport and I'm curious about any aftermarket lighting for the head/fogs. Not wanting to go HID but what do you suggest for better than factory that has that slight "euro" look? I can't stand the typical yellowish lights and I've seen other explorers with the super white/blueish hue looking lights. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the Forum Dieselfreek26.:wavey:
I have merged your thread with this one that should provide some help.

Peter

has anybody tried these bulbs

Philips CrystalVision Ultra 9005 Halogen Headlamp Bulb. Thanks for any info

I did. Bought those and the fog lights to match. It made it a lot better but not hid. Sad as much money as these cost we have to do all the upgrades. Including going all led on the interior.

Thanks for the feedback as I want to do bulbs until i go with the HID conversion. These stock halogens really suck as has been stated many times. :)

I will be going with the Osram NEW Night Breaker Unlimited from http://store.candlepower.com/osram.html

Thanks for the feedback as I want to do bulbs until i go with the HID conversion. These stock halogens really suck as has been stated many times. :)

I will be going with the Osram NEW Night Breaker Unlimited from http://store.candlepower.com/osram.html

That's one of the best HID bulbs on the market these days, so I'd assume the halogen version is really good as well...That's the one I'd probably pick as well.

I would consider going led. These blew away the Phillips Diamond Vision 5K's I had. Just as easy to install but significantly brighter.

T_zpsfdvihpi4.jpg

Are those LED 9000 series headlight bulbs for our Explorers?

Are those LED 9000 series headlight bulbs for our Explorers?

My bad. I jumped in on this thread thinking the discussion was still about fogs. I think it switched to head lights.

These are an H11 Led bulb. I used them for the fogs.

Sorry I got all excited we had a new LED bulb, my bad!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry I got all excited we had a new LED bulb, my bad!
You have to keep in mind that LED bulbs won't get warm enough to melt ice/snow on the headlight lens. The vehicles that are coming out with LED headlights have an internal heating system to keep the lens clear.

Peter

Back