Getting exhaust... V Flow vs Flowmaster vs Magnaflow vs ? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Getting exhaust... V Flow vs Flowmaster vs Magnaflow vs ?

Hi Deagle Dave

The '84 Camaro was my very first car. I bought it in '89. All the modifications were done in 10-year span as money became available.

It was the only car I had. It's not like I had a choice of cars to modified.:rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oh ok....

i just wondered i guess cause i have a sort of skewed view of those cars cause i can't fit in em comfortably

Re: Re: To set the record straight...

Originally posted by yob_yeknom
Sorry bud, you have no idea what you are talking about. The stock exhaust on any Explorer is not stainless steel. Ford engineers do not get paid to design the best exhaust, they get paid to design the cheapest exhaust that will do the job. DUH! :rolleyes:
haha, exactly, thank you Yob...maybe we got through this time.

Now..Emon..the ? is why would you want to keep the factory exhaust??? Explorer stock exhaust are pretty much a clog on the engine, especially 5.0's. If you can't afford it, then it's different. But if you think $200 is alot for a custom exhaust, thats cheap as hell. My custom exhaust was about $300 and I had no problem paying that much or more for it cause I enjoy the sound and performance. Ever price a Porsche exhaust...? Mufflers alone are about a grand, cat-backs can run up to 3,000 -5,000 just for an exhaust, no other mods.

So lets see, stock exhaust is crappy, IS NOT stainless steel, robs the engine of performance, no sound, umm.... basically cloggs up the engine. So how is the stock better, or why would you leave well enough.....?

proven on dynoes to gain power, increases mpg, sound is incredible....

For instance, a few times I had to take our Fountain off the dock, and I had to use my 94' Explorer, with the exhaust and intake it made a very big difference when towing, and this is a 27ft boat with twin 300 outboards...not exactly light and about the max a 94' should tow.

I averaged about 13-14mpg cause I drove hard when it was stock, with the exhaust and intake I went up to about 16mpg in the city driving just as hard and about 21mpg on the highway at 75mph when it would only get 18mpg when stock.

I'm getting my mom a true dual Magnaflow exhaust on her Mounty as like a little present or whatever.

And don't say your older and don't want the sound, cause my grandfather still runs Magnaflows on their Towncar, and remember they just sold their Arden Jag XKR in the summer, and that car was very loud and aggressive, so if it doesn't bother them...it won't bother you..hehe:D

Ohhh, SaleemEXP...

It sounds to me like you're trying to convince yourself; trying to justify spending $300 on something that was working fine.

Hey, whatever works for you.:p

Not to piss anyone off,but hasnt this broken down to an arguement over personal opinon? Emon I dont agree with your point. But thats just me, I also feel that Joe Dirt is one of the best movies of all time! Instead of telling you why Im right and anyone else is wrong, Im gonna pop in the dvd and grab a beer, and watch joe chrip gears and hit some broadies... See I knew I could take this disagreement to a new low. Sometimes you gotta know how to talk to em Saleen!:D

Re: Ohhh, SaleemEXP...

Originally posted by emon
It sounds to me like you're trying to convince yourself; trying to justify spending $300 on something that was working fine.

Hey, whatever works for you.:p
how does stock work fine, when everyone esle including I picked more power, better response, more mpg, better sound...I along with everyone else fails to see your reasoning...your just not making sense to us :confused:

Okay, Awright...

I give up... I'll get my exhaust upgraded... what's Flowmaster's phone number, again...?

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!;)

ok, just got the exhaust on a few hours ago.

I couldn't get duals out the rear, because of the air ride suspension and the spare tire. Got a single out the passanger's side rear (2").

sounds great, couldn't ask for better (except a 2nd pipe). Nice and deep, which was very good, considering I only have the v6.

V-Force muffler - dunno exact model.

$189.

magnaflow- 80 bucks, no chambers to slow anything down, zero-restriction muffler. got one on my jeep w/ everything else stock, sounds great.

Hmmm, I heard that the Magnaflow was quieter than a Flowmaster. If its a straight through muffler, I would think it would be louder than the Flowmasters. Either way, I've heard nothing but good things about Magnaflow. They seem to make a quality product that sounds great.

Originally posted by RTStork
Hmmm, I heard that the Magnaflow was quieter than a Flowmaster. If its a straight through muffler, I would think it would be louder than the Flowmasters. Either way, I've heard nothing but good things about Magnaflow. They seem to make a quality product that sounds great.
I love Magnaflows.....such a sweet exotic exhaust burble....

One of my friends has an 03' Cobra with a Magnaflow x-pipe, Magnaflow catback, and long tube headers (and some other stuff like a pulley swap from the Lightning engine)....
drool.gif
sounds fu**en incredible, has a deep, mean idle, and when he floors it, hol ****, it screams. It has such a deep, mean/aggressive sound to it, very exotic like...

They have such a unique/aggressive sound to them.

Magnaflow's quality is second to none, all their products look almost too nice to slap on to a vehicle, their mufflers are gorgeous.

I'll be running true duals on an 03' 4.6 Mounty, using two Magnaflow mufflers and 3" piping, then have the Magnaflow tips for the Mustangs (3.5") welded on. Might have a custom x-pipe made, not sure yet, but most likely will.

So I guess it's safe to say that if you go with Magnaflows you have to go with duals? I was really hoping they had a single muffler with dual 2 1/4's in and a single 2 1/2 out like the Flowmaster.

Lou.

Originally posted by SVO LOU
So I guess it's safe to say that if you go with Magnaflows you have to go with duals? I was really hoping they had a single muffler with dual 2 1/4's in and a single 2 1/2 out like the Flowmaster.

Lou.
They have any style you could want, here's some from their Stainless Steel line which is the most popular muffler http://www.magnaflow.com/03cat-back/03ss/03stainlesssteel.htm , or just go to www.Magnaflow.com and see all their other products.

I just like "True" duals cause you end up with a more throaty and aggressive sound, as I've heard 5.0 Explorers running dual in/dual out mufflers and true duals like RTstorks which end up sounding better if you want to spend the extra money.

just incase there was any confusion... The guy said v-force was an exact copy of the flowmaster (their patent ran out), it was just cheaper (muffler was $50). The $189 price was for everything (install, pipes, muffler - etc).

Yall i have a 91 Ex 4.0 the crappy version not the SOHC but the other one. And i wanted to go with true duals (you know two pipes two mufflers two cats) i dont care about sound i was going to go with an H-pipe and a 20 series but i found out people telling me that an H-pipe is a waste of money for the 4.0 what do yall think i should go with so far im willing to pay up to 500 so price is nothing. But remember i want true duals.

jason

I think I've asked you this before, but what the hell are Flowmaster 20 series:confused: ???? I know they have 40 - 80 series, and then they have a one chamber Race Muffler but it doesn't have a series.

from what i heard it basically is the top notch extremely illegal racing one i heard about it and i was all thats what im getting but you havent answered my question what would you go with

jason

Originally posted by zavaral
from what i heard it basically is the top notch extremely illegal racing one i heard about it and i was all thats what im getting but you havent answered my question what would you go with

jason
cause you never answered my question on the other page;) :D ...anywayz, I would figure an h-pipe would be good for the ohv 4.0 as they help down-low with torque on 5.0 Mustangs. But I have no idea how a custom h-pipe would sound on a 4.0 ovh V6, h-pipes make the 5.0's tone more deeper if that helps.

I don't think they call it a 20 series, they're known as "One-Chamber" Flows or "One-Chamber" Race Mufflers. And they are extremely loud and insane on 5.0's especially with an h-pipe, makes the 40 series sound wimpy as hell. But not sure on what they would sound like on the 4.0 engine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ohh i know that the 5.0 sound bad ass what other question humm well then do you think that 550 for the entire system from the manifolds back with and h-pipe and flowmaster is good

jason

Back