• Register Today It's free!

Sunroof closeing

palmospowered

Reaction score
City, State
Grayson, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 EB
I have a 99 Eddie Bauer and a sunroof. I continuously leave it open at the least opportune times, like snow, thunderstorm and other occasions. Is there any device that will make this close when I lock the car, or turn it off, or any idea on how to wire it to?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

do you not remember that its open or you just leave it open on purpose? if you leave it open on purpose then just ALWYAS close it, and i havent heard of a device to make it always close.

I forget, i try to remember.

I doubt they have anything like that because of the dangers of an auto shutting sun roof.

Imagine you run into the store and leave your kids in the car... you lock the doors.. a second later your roof closes on your toddlers Power Puff Girl. He'd be one pissed off kid.

I had an alarm put on with auto start and the alarm, a Python I beleive, can be set up to close the windows and sunroof if I buy the solenoids. I'd say go to an alarm place and ask. They probably can.

I have seen things that work with alarm systems that will close a convertable car if it starts to rain. It will sense moisture and close the roof or the windows. Just ask someone from your local alarm shop.

my roof closes itself...its built in to my particular aftermarket model....i had it put in at one of those places that does radios, alarms, roofs, tint, and accessories. definately ask one of them.

ive seen tons of cars with self closing sunroofs, and when looking for one to put in my sport came across a couple models that auto shut when the key left the ignition. one of them even had a bypass, so you could leave it ...open...if you remembered:D

mine is switchable. you hold the switch at a certain spot to turn auto shut off and same to turn it on. i think its made by sunglo.

Solve the problem for a dime

Seems dumb, but it works. Clip a cloths pin next to the sunroof switch. When you open the roof, first take the cloths pin in your hand, then hit the switch. Now clip the cloths pin onto the ignition key or inside door handle.

Now when you turn the car off, the cloths pin reminds you that the roof is open.

So you take cloths pin in hand, hit the roof button, and clip it in its place near the switch for next time.

We did this in the fifties - sixties before headlight switch had a dinger bell to remind us to turn off headlights. We called then lightsavers.

You guys are no smarter than we were. Some things never change. My oh my, leaving the roof open...

Mine closes itself as well... I don't use the sunroof often but it is a nice feature just because you don't have to worry about accidently shutting the truck off before closing everything up. Now to wire the windows to function the same way...

Back