Clear Tailights? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Clear Tailights?

Does anyone know a sight where I can purchase clear lights for my X?

Also, Can anyone help me by telling me if there legal or illegal or any problems with law enforcement youv had (Preferably in/around Houston but I wanna hear stories from anywhere).

Also, do they still emit the red/amber color, or are they like the front lights? Someone told me the color functions like normal lights, and only the colors different, but someone else told me that all light that comes out of them is clear. Does anyone know?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

exactly. i think your best bet is to go with the red Eurolite filament bulbs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Still waiting to see if this deal went through.

i seen the LEXUS ALL clear tail lights, they are bad ass, i took a picture with my dig cam, but havent' gotten to putting it on my computer yet.....when they pressed their brakes the brake lights were bright as hell....very very cool!

do some research. find out what bulbs they are using. better yet, go to the dealership and buy some. they might not fit the explorers. time to whip out the soldering iron, price you got to pay to make your ex look good. i think im going to try that too.

if your talking about the rx330, they use LEDS i believe.

They can be completly clear, but!!!

Its legal but like everyone said you need red reflectors somewhere on the back of your car.

Look at the new Lexus Rx330. Its lights are completly clear looking!

NEVER MIND IM RETARDED!!!:rolleyes:

the rx330 has red reflectors in its rear bumper

http://www.lexus.com/models/rx/gallery_exterior_photos.html

im def going to try their bulbs for mine. if they still don't shine bright, then that means the problem lies within the lense housing. the lexus might have better reflections on the inside of the housing designed for their bulbs. but i'll see

Back